Back In Hospital

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

I got a little story for you. I will try to keep it brief.

When I was 25 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Was in the emergency room the night before going to Mexico to drink my liver away with my buddies. Doc, in emergency room thought it was Kidney stones because my Kidneys were not working. So, I waited 1 day then went anyway. Well, doc was trying to call me, but I was gone.

So, 7 days later I get home and find out I need to call the doc. Come to find out after being sent to an Oncologist (doctor) I had a tumor the size of a softball between my kidneys pushing on them so they wouldn't work. He sent me in for surgery the next day.

I will set this up for you. Here I am been working out (alot) tan as hell, and probably the only guy in the Cancer ward thats under 65 years old. Well, I am in the hospital room after having one of my BOYS REMOVED ( thats a nut for you slow fella"s :jester: )

Now I swear to you this is the honest truth. A nurse comes in and asks if she can see my incision (in my groin) to make sure all is good. So, I throw the sheets back at her and let her have a look. She says everything looks great and leaves the room. Not 10 minutes later a different nurse comes in and asks to see my incision. So, I throw the sheets back at this nurse and let her have a look. She too, takes a close look and says all is good.

Now, about 20 minutes pass and another nurse comes in and asks to see my IV. Well, obviously on pain medication I throw the sheets back, because in my head I thought she said she wanted to see my incision. She looks at me and says "thats nice but I am here to check you IV" . I swear to God, it was something out of Days of Thunder. I felt pretty stupid, but it does make for a good story 10 years later.

Finally, a new nurse comes on shift later that evening, and introduces herself. She asks if I would like to take a shower? She says if I need any help she can make sure I am safe in the shower. Now, I guess I should feel flattered that I managed to make an impression on 3 nurses. But still to this day I feel a bit silly about throwing the sheets back and showing my JUNK to a nurse who asked to see my IV in my arm. :D

Anyway, its been 10 years now and no more Cancer. I know in my heart you will be great.

BTW: to make things even weirder, I was my brothers best man in his wedding. So all dressed up in a tux, with a flat hat because I was bald as hell after chemo.

Hope you enjoyed the story. Best of luck to you

Doug

sorry this is happening to you. i know you will be ok just stay strong and believe and pray. ill do the same for ya. take care and keep us informed.sorry this is happening to you. i know you will be ok just stay strong and believe and pray. ill do the same for ya. take care and keep us informed.

John,

I got a little story for you. I will try to keep it brief.

When I was 25 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Was in the emergency room the night before going to Mexico to drink my liver away with my buddies. Doc, in emergency room thought it was Kidney stones because my Kidneys were not working. So, I waited 1 day then went anyway. Well, doc was trying to call me, but I was gone.

So, 7 days later I get home and find out I need to call the doc. Come to find out after being sent to an Oncologist (doctor) I had a tumor the size of a softball between my kidneys pushing on them so they wouldn't work. He sent me in for surgery the next day.

I will set this up for you. Here I am been working out (alot) tan as hell, and probably the only guy in the Cancer ward thats under 65 years old. Well, I am in the hospital room after having one of my BOYS REMOVED ( thats a nut for you slow fella"s :jester: )

Now I swear to you this is the honest truth. A nurse comes in and asks if she can see my incision (in my groin) to make sure all is good. So, I throw the sheets back at her and let her have a look. She says everything looks great and leaves the room. Not 10 minutes later a different nurse comes in and asks to see my incision. So, I throw the sheets back at this nurse and let her have a look. She too, takes a close look and says all is good.

Now, about 20 minutes pass and another nurse comes in and asks to see my IV. Well, obviously on pain medication I throw the sheets back, because in my head I thought she said she wanted to see my incision. She looks at me and says "thats nice but I am here to check you IV" . I swear to God, it was something out of Days of Thunder. I felt pretty stupid, but it does make for a good story 10 years later.

Finally, a new nurse comes on shift later that evening, and introduces herself. She asks if I would like to take a shower? She says if I need any help she can make sure I am safe in the shower. Now, I guess I should feel flattered that I managed to make an impression on 3 nurses. But still to this day I feel a bit silly about throwing the sheets back and showing my JUNK to a nurse who asked to see my IV in my arm. :D

Anyway, its been 10 years now and no more Cancer. I know in my heart you will be great.

BTW: to make things even weirder, I was my brothers best man in his wedding. So all dressed up in a tux, with a flat hat because I was bald as hell after chemo.

Hope you enjoyed the story. Best of luck to you

Doug

haha thats funny, but not... well you know what i mean. glad to hear man, i think i will be saying the same thing in 10 years as well. thats definately a confident builder, thanks for the share man :thumbs::)

That's great news! I'm glad you're doing better! :D My mom's battling cancer right now (waiting for the biopsy results) so I sort of know how you felt. Cancer can be so evil - I'm glad you're doing well though!

Edited by IH82W8 (see edit history)