So I Joined The U.s. Coast Guard...

TheGunny

So I gave up my really cush well paying job working Haz-Mat and emergency response for the studios, to join the U.S. Coast Guard... I want to go out and see things ordinary civilian life does not make possible, and get out of socal for a while, I'm sick of the traffic smog, and most of the people... I just need a pretty drastic change in my life... Anyways I'm so stoked about it, it's a huge paycut but I guess you just gotta do what makes you happy some times. I leave for boot camp sept 8 so I want be on the froums for a while (not that I have been very active as of late anyways). I scored pretty high on the ASVAB so they are guaranteeing my first district, I chose district 1 which is maine through NY, that cold weather will be a change :uhoh: ... So my truck will probably come with after boot, unless i'm on a cutter, so I look forward to maybe meeting some of you east coast guys..

wow!!! you'll be off my shores. the Atlantic is alot different than the Pacific!!

sometimes change is good. even if it pays less. as long as the end reward is what you wanted, then you made out.

Enjoy Puddle Pirate, J/K I did the same thing when i joined the Navy. Was doing the same thing day after day. I dont regret it. Remember the one in boot camp who's the quiet one has the easiest time going through it. When I graduated boot camp the instructors didnt even know my name. i had it easier than most. Just do what your told and keep quiet. :cheers:

Edited by ItsJac (see edit history)

if u really wanted to c the world y would u join the coast guard?? army or airforce woulda been more of a better choice.... just saying cuz im in the airforce and have been to many good places *cough germany cough* and many stinky places... *Cough iraq cough* well g/l and have fun in bootcamp its all a mind game :)

Congrats on joining the Coast Guard bro, I'm thinking of joining the Marines, well I already passed the ASVAB and all I got to do to join the Marines is just take the piss test, not sure yet. Did u go for 2 years or 4 years?

Congrats, It takes a hell of a man to give up everything and join the military to protect our country.

I spent 6 years in the Coast Guard as a Health Services Technician. I loved it, but I wanted a change in life so I got out. The Coast Guard takes very good care of their people, Coasties are not just a number like in the Army or Marines, every person is important to them. Awsome benifits. Make sure you sign up for the G.I. Bill.

Good luck in boot camp :jester: I hated it while I was there, but after, is was the best life experience I've ever had.

Oh, don't drop your cover in the toilet....everybody does it

Give me a shout if you got any questions.