Got My New 3800 Tcs Converter In

I consistantly show gains with my old set-up by locking a moment after the 2-3 shift. I believe it was around 89-92 MPH on street tires. Not everybody has seen the gains. Talking with alot of Vette guys, locking in 2nd gear gave them 2-3 MPH over not locking as well. Keeping the converter locked through a shift puts alot of strain on the input shaft.

I consistantly show gains with my old set-up by locking a moment after the 2-3 shift. I believe it was around 89-92 MPH on street tires. Not everybody has seen the gains. Talking with alot of Vette guys, locking in 2nd gear gave them 2-3 MPH over not locking as well. Keeping the converter locked through a shift puts alot of strain on the input shaft.

:withstupid: yep your tranny really takes a beating when you lock the verterthrough the shifts or before 3rd

Kevin, did you lock yours when you were N/A in the quarter?

I did once or twice and showed no gains. I really wasn't making alot of power so maybe that has something to do with it. I was a low 14 sec truck back then.

I also didn't really see the small gains really until I was doing mid to low 12's when I switched to the PI converter. Looking back at some logs, the Yank would take a good 5 seconds to lock (looking a the RPMs) and the PI was instant. I have reason to believe that was why I didn't really show gains with the Yank. Keep in mind also the TT2600 blew up after about 2000 miles as well so I may have had a faulty one.