Radix Vs. Centrifugal

My buddy recently asked me about supercharging his V-Max Denali. I've been doing some research for him and was wondering if anyone has drivin or ridden in a Radix truck and a centrifugal supercharged truck? Which one accellerates faster and which one makes the most power right out of the box without a custom tune just what comes with the kit? I looked on Magna Chargers web site and I'm kinda confused. It shows that a Radix 5.3 makes more horsepower and torque and a Radix 6.0 truck. It was on a 6.0 hummer I don't know if that makes a differences or not. But I can't find any numbers on the LQ9. I don't know if this is a typo or what. What is the typical gains from the Radix on the LQ9. I can't find any hard numbers on the Procharger kit either. It just says 50 to 55% increase. My truck had a vortech on it and did pretty good. I've never been in a Radix truck to compair. I know a lot of you guys run Maggie's it seems to be the more popular set up for the street. I'm trying to sell him my kit but he wants a compairison. I'm kinda interested in getting a Radix for my truck if my charger sells. So tell me what you guys think. Oh he has no other mods either.

I've worked on and driven almost every combo on the Silverado SS's. If you're looking for the best out of the box kit you want a Radix. The Procharger has alot of potential if you like to customize your kit. The intake plumbing is sub-par at best and really needs to be improved. The programming is also far from where it needs to be. The Vortech kit is one of the nicest aside from the programming and the location of the IAT sensor. The Radix kits are pretty much a bolt on and go. They perform very well out of othe box and look and fit as if they were a factory accessory. The choices really depend on what you want to use them for and how big you want your power level to be. It sounds like you're looking for a bolt on and leave it alone which leaves the Radix kit standing alone as your best choice.

I've worked on and driven almost every combo on the Silverado SS's. If you're looking for the best out of the box kit you want a Radix. The Procharger has alot of potential if you like to customize your kit. The intake plumbing is sub-par at best and really needs to be improved. The programming is also far from where it needs to be. The Vortech kit is one of the nicest aside from the programming and the location of the IAT sensor. The Radix kits are pretty much a bolt on and go. They perform very well out of othe box and look and fit as if they were a factory accessory. The choices really depend on what you want to use them for and how big you want your power level to be. It sounds like you're looking for a bolt on and leave it alone which leaves the Radix kit standing alone as your best choice.

Ya Zippy you hit the nail on the head. He pretty much just wants something bolted on and left alone. I must admit though doing all this research has got me interested in the Radix as well. I to am kinda looking for something to just bolt on and forget about. I'm getting tired of toying with my truck. My current set up needs an intercooler and I'm just not in the mood to keep messing with it. I really miss driving it actually and after my motor just blew it's sent me through the roof! How is the tune that comes with the Radix kit? I have a few bolt-ons such as Dynatech long tubes, Corsa exhaust, Volant CAI, and Transgo shift kit. How would the tune work with these bolt ons? And do you know how much HP the Radix kit adds to the LQ9?

I have run procharger on a 6.0 Denali with a westers mail order tune from Butch over at DTC and am happy. The system bolted on in less than a day and I only needed to change to 43lb/hr injectors. Nothing had to be cut but I did add a couple of brackets to stiffen up the piping as it goes to the intercooler. The superchargers in general, from what I understand, are an easier tune than a turbo setup. Either way you go, "go fast'' cant be beat!

what year is the Denali? If it is a NNBS VMAXX then our new TVS 1900 kit is the perfect choice:

I personally do not like the power delivery of a centrifugal or a turbo........

It's an 05' Denali. How much is the kit? How much boost will it produce on a completely stock LQ9? Does it even fit the LQ9, I thought that bower was only for L92 applications?

Edited by SSpilot04 (see edit history)

It's an 05' Denali. How much is the kit? How much boost will it produce on a completely stock LQ9? Does it even fit the LQ9, I thought that bower was only for L92 applications?

It will be available for the LQ9 soon. Why are you worried about how much boost it will produce? 6-7 psi is all you will want to run on a stock motor, it will live the rest of your life at that pressure level.

As for how much will it pump? enough to blow the heads right off of it.

It will be available for the LQ9 soon. Why are you worried about how much boost it will produce? 6-7 psi is all you will want to run on a stock motor, it will live the rest of your life at that pressure level.

As for how much will it pump? enough to blow the heads right off of it.

That's what I was worried about I know the TVS 1900 can put out more than enough boost. I really didn't want to go overkill on a stock motor. What would be the advantage of using the TVS1900 vs. the MP112 on a completely stock motor isn't that a little much? :dunno:

Edited by SSpilot04 (see edit history)

That's what I was worried about I know the TVS 1900 can put out more than enough boost. I really didn't want to go overkill on a stock motor. What would be the advantage of using the TVS1900 vs. the MP112 on a completely stock motor isn't that a little much? :dunno:

yes and no, the 1900 gives you room to grow, quieter, and the latest and greatest technology.