Help Me Spot My Problems With The Ss

SSThunder

Well I went to start iot yesterday and the battery was almost dead so I had to jump it. I drove it aorund for 15 mins, then went to the store. got out of the stire and it started right up. I park it for the night and try to start it this morning and nothing. completely dead, evern had to unlock it with the key.

I'm wondering if a bad ground or lose wire is my problem. I took my pillar pod off recently to trim it up and right after I install it again, I start having these problems. I'm wondering if a wire is lose or something related to teh pilar pod. I've got 3 gauges hooked up. Boost, fuel pressure and wideband.

What do you guys think? The battery and alternator are pretty much brand new!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad ground won't cause a draw. more than likely you powered up those guages from a source that has constant battery power and they're drawing voltage from the battery even with the key off. where did you pwr the guages up from?

They are shut off when the truck shuts off and this never happened before. The gauges have been hooked up since the SC has been on. It's just weird that the battery would drain for no reason at all. I can't figure out what the heck is going on. could the battery be bad? i've had electrical problems before that seem to go away. I've got to have a bad wire some where I would think. :banghead:

If the guages have been installed for a while then ur right, thats not the issue.just odd that it would start after you were workin in there. there arnt any grounds or anything in that area anyways, at least none that would result in a no start. get the battery load tested, it could just be the battery on its way out. if it tests good then its time to do a draw test and find out whats causing the battery to discharge.

I'll test the Battery and alt ASAP. It sucks to think they could be going out after I just replaced them a month or so ago. I should have my receipt for my battery so maybe I can get it replaced for free. I bought the alt off eBay so I'll be screwed on that i'm sure as it was a take-off and a more powerful alt. The poor Ss has taken a beating this year living at an apartment complex. Dang doors hav all kinds of marks and paint and before this year the truck only had 1 or 2 marks. :mad:

Well I've got to check these parts tomorrow as the battery is dead again. It seemed back to normal for a few days. Has anybody had any problems with the OnStar? I got a paper from GM months ago that it could cause the battery to drain but I think you had to push the button. I need to find those papers. I'll probably just pull the dang fuse :mad:

Maybe your gauges where hooked up to something that turn on and off with the igniton but aftre you messed with it is now staying on and causing it to slowly trickle until dead? Or your alternator you claimed it be from ebay i claim it be a problem :dunno: ? Oh well good luck dude! I hope you find out whats wrong. Remember what doesnt kill our trucks only makes em strong literally because we put new parts :thumbs:

Well I tried to jump the truck back to life today and it was acting crazy. As soon as I hook up the jumper cables, the alarm goes off. I shut it off. I put my key in the ignition and the alarm goes off again. After I turn it off I let the truck sit for a few mins and try to start it and basically killed my car battery. The car dies and now that battery is dead. WTF :wtf: Why would my car battery die in a matter of mins? This is getting crazy and really pissing me off :banghead: