Help Me Spot My Problems With The Ss

SSThunder

sounds like a intermittent dead short. if the car was not running, the short could drain the battery in a matter if min. only the starter, or alt. could draw that many amps to kill a battery that fast. i have heard that the ac compressor clutch can short a drain a battery, but it takes a while for that..

check your positive cable for a worn spot that may be grounding..

good lick

:seeya:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I pulled the pillar pod and found a wire were the tape came off so I'm hoping that's the problem and not the alt. Maybe that touching caused the car battery to not work or reset. The car battery wasn't dead like I thought, just dead for a sconds while something reset. My buddy came over and jumped the car then we jumped the truck after I found the exposed wire. I'm going to monitor the alt & battery and check the voltage. I was told if the volts on the battery don't reach 14 amps then my alt is bad and that would suck since I bought it off eBay months ago and I don't the gave me a warranty.....doh :banghead:

good lick

LOL :lol:

I was told if the volts on the battery don't reach 14 amps then my alt is bad and that would suck since I bought it off eBay months ago and I don't the gave me a warranty.....doh :banghead:

13.5-14 is normal

Yeah my friends truck had a bad alternator and it only had like 40K miles. His battery was just dieing everymorning couldnt find out what was wrong didnt think it was the alternantor turkc was to new. BUT! it was his volts would always be low at idle and jumping the car was becoming a daily thing I'm almost positive its your alt. or that un taped wire get rid of the tape and use some white caps that you can crimp or better yet solder and heat shrink it. that what i do.

Well the battery was almost dead this morning so I don't know what's going on. What amps should the battery show when the truck is not running? The alt seems to be charging the battery but I'm losing juice over night for some reason. I'll have to look into it more. Really starting to piss me off though :mad:

check the ac compressor when i tried to hook my efans to come on high when the ac was i accidentally caused the ac clutch to stay engaged and it killed the battery in a day. pull the fuse and if you hear a click thats what it is. just an idea from personal experience.

Edited by ss wrecker (see edit history)

check the ac compressor when i tried to hook my efans to come on high when the ac was i accidentally caused the ac clutch to stay engaged and it killed the battery in a day. pull the fuse and if you hear a click thats what it is. just an idea from personal experience.

I haven't installed my efan kit yet so hopefully this won't be a problem yet. do you guys know what volts the battery shoudl ready while not in use? The alt seems to be charginbg but either sometihng is draining the battery or it is not holding a charge. The battery should be under warranty so if it ends up being bad that's fine. Maybe I need to get a real battery instead of my Wal-Mart special lol :jester:

I haven't installed my efan kit yet so hopefully this won't be a problem yet. do you guys know what volts the battery shoudl ready while not in use? The alt seems to be charginbg but either sometihng is draining the battery or it is not holding a charge. The battery should be under warranty so if it ends up being bad that's fine. Maybe I need to get a real battery instead of my Wal-Mart special lol :jester:

Your battery should be between 12-13 volts when it's just sitting. You need to have it tested, the amount of times you have jumped it could have dead shorted the battery.

Battery checked out fine today. I removed the onstar fuse last night because I got a thing from GM saying it could drain the battery so I'm hoping that's what all the problem has been. I doubt it but you never know. I might be the 1 in 100 this effects.

ive had the same problem before on a yukon i had. i tested the battery and alternator and they tested out fine every time i took it to a shop to see if they could find the problem the only thing they said it could be is the alternator they tested it right off the prong on the back of the alternator and it tested 13.84 volt i figured it was fine they said no right off the alternator it needs to be 14.50 or something like that. so i replaced it my self and it fixxed the problem.

Well truck was dead again so I went to pull the battery and it was leaking some. I pulled it and cleaned it up and hooked it up to a battery charger. It started at 9 volts but then dropped to like 3 or 4 for some reason plus has been making some weird noises so I figure the battery is toast. The good news is it's like 4 or 5 months old if that so I should be able to get a new one for free.

I just wonder why it would leak and then make weird noises when I tried to charge it and then not take a charge. WTF is up with this battery? :wtf:

Well truck was dead again so I went to pull the battery and it was leaking some. I pulled it and cleaned it up and hooked it up to a battery charger. It started at 9 volts but then dropped to like 3 or 4 for some reason plus has been making some weird noises so I figure the battery is toast. The good news is it's like 4 or 5 months old if that so I should be able to get a new one for free.

I just wonder why it would leak and then make weird noises when I tried to charge it and then not take a charge. WTF is up with this battery? :wtf:

sounds like the battery has a bad cell or cells.......get it replaced since its under warranty, that battery is a gonner......

ive had the same problem before on a yukon i had. i tested the battery and alternator and they tested out fine every time i took it to a shop to see if they could find the problem the only thing they said it could be is the alternator they tested it right off the prong on the back of the alternator and it tested 13.84 volt i figured it was fine they said no right off the alternator it needs to be 14.50 or something like that. so i replaced it my self and it fixxed the problem.

Well I hooked up the new battery and it's showing over 14 volts and my alternator is showing 14.18 volts so I guess I'm a little worried about the alt. Anybody know for sure if the alt should be pushing 14.5 volts? The alt is pushing more volts than the battery.