Saturday Is The Big Day....

smoke03

After 32 years of marriage and 35 years with the same woman I guess I'm qualified to give a little advice----RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!! :jester:

Really just kidding. Marriage has it's ups and downs just like anything. My only advice would be to treat her like you'd like to be treated or better and don't expect her to change just because you're married. My wife is still my best friend after all these years. We have our seperate interests and allow each other to pursue them. We also try to make sure there's time for us to pursue our common interests. Time together is great usually but you have to have time to yourself. I don't believe any 2 people can be together 24/7 and get along always. So next time you want to hang out with the guys just remember that she may want to hang out with the girls sometimes.

Congrats and good luck. Hope it works out for you. :cheers:

:withstupid: Good advice.

Congrats Ben :cheers:

Now you need to learn those three most important words you'll use from your wedding day forward...

"You're right, dear" :jester:

P.S. Don't try the rodeo sex

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

Be there for each other and support each other, but also make time for yourself. You both need your own time so don't get mad if she wants to hang with the girls and make sure she understands you need time with the guys.

We have our seperate interests and allow each other to pursue them. We also try to make sure there's time for us to pursue our common interests. So next time you want to hang out with the guys just remember that she may want to hang out with the girls sometimes.

exactly what I was going to say. and I can't stress it enough. make time for yourself and let her do things on her own. It may seem dumb at first, but it's really important a few years down the road.

also, communicate!

don't go to bed in a fight. thats a rule we have and we very rarely argue because there isn't built up frustration.

and lastly a little tip my wife got from her family...

take showers together.

you wouldn't believe the catching up we do in the shower1

congrats bro. good luck.

good luck bro. im on my second marrage. my first wife went crazy when i went to iraq in 2003. i got soul custody of my daughter cause of her actions. i told myself never again but, the woman im with now stole my heart we are truly best friends and share every thing with each other. comunication, trust, loyalty and privacy all play a key roll in marrage. live life to the fullest and enjoy each other.. thats all i got to say about that (Forest Gump) lol

After 32 years of marriage and 35 years with the same woman I guess I'm qualified to give a little advice----RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!! :jester:

Really just kidding. Marriage has it's ups and downs just like anything. My only advice would be to treat her like you'd like to be treated or better and don't expect her to change just because you're married. My wife is still my best friend after all these years. We have our seperate interests and allow each other to pursue them. We also try to make sure there's time for us to pursue our common interests. Time together is great usually but you have to have time to yourself. I don't believe any 2 people can be together 24/7 and get along always. So next time you want to hang out with the guys just remember that she may want to hang out with the girls sometimes.

Congrats and good luck. Hope it works out for you. :cheers:

:withstupid: I agree with Bob as well, and also the often mentioned trust and communication. Congratulations, and good luck to both of you.

These are the two most important words in a relationship. Yes dear. :jester:

Seriously, I agree with Bob and Hank. Communication is the key. Have your time together, but still have your time apart. I've been married 12 years. Some good, some not so good, but over all I wouldn't trade it for anything. Whatever hardships you survive will only make you stronger, and if you endure them together it will stregthen your relationship. Good luck, and congrats. :thumbs:

Interestingly enough, I received this in an e-mail today.

Pretty funny :jester:

WHY AM I MARRIED?

You have two choices in life:

You can stay single and be miserable, or get married and wish you were dead.

At a cocktail party, one man said to another, 'Aren't you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger?' 'Yes, I am. I married the wrong woman.'

A man inserted an ad in the classifieds:

'Wife Wanted'.

Next day he received a hundred letters.

They all said the same thing:

'You can have mine.'

When another man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

A man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished.

A little boy asked his father, 'Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?' Father replied, 'I don't know son, I'm still paying.'

A young son asked, 'Is it true Dad that in some parts of Africa a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her?' Dad replied, 'That happens in every country, son.'

Then there was a man who said, 'I never knew what real happiness was until I got married,

and by then, it was too late.'

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say -- talk in your sleep.

Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

First guy says, 'My wife's an angel!' Second guy remarks, 'You're lucky, mine's still alive.'

'A Woman's Prayer:

Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, to understand a man, to Love and to forgive him, and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

good to see a youngin like myself who has everything figured out and enough confidence to take such a huge step... congrats man

as for me ill stick to the easy 5 year commitment of a car loan

Edited by booth1 (see edit history)