Tune ?'s

crankbearing

Hey Guys,

I have been talking with Charlie about a tune for my truck. The truck is basically stock at this point. other than the K&N Filter (chrome Tube), MSD Wires and TR55 plugs. I am having the corvette servo and HD2 Shift kit in stalled with a bigger cooler this week stock converter.

Should the line pressure be left at stock and Torque Management turned off after the shift kit is installed. What about the tip ring governor speed - should it stay at stock settings?

thanks,

Edited by David S (see edit history)

Thanks for the replies. I am ordering the tune from Charlie this week. The truck goes in tomorrow for the Transgo Kit and Servo install. The shop told me they would turn off the Torc Management id it can be done with the Tech2 for free. If they had to use there tuner then it would cost $$ as they would use up some credits.

I just have one concern, the truck has a couple of DTC's stored right now, I had them cleared and they came back within a couple of igntion cycles, so there is a probem for sure. My fuel cap passed emission as of two weeks.

both Evap codes one is PO449 and the other is PO455. I have researched a little bit and it seems that there are some TSB's for these issues. I have called the dealer and it seems i may still be within the 130,000Km Emissions warranty. I have to take it in so they can scan it I guess.

I hope it is under warranty as the parts the TSB's call for add up to almost 1000$.

The tech 2 cannot turn torque management off. Actually, the tech 2 cannot modify any calibrations outside of tis 2 web downloads which are factory updates that comply with emission regulations.

Edited by SS TRCK (see edit history)

Right, found that out this morning. My PCM is on the way from Wheatley. I dropped the truck off this morning for the kit and servo and the Updated HD U-joints and new straps.

I took the truck to the dealer and as expected no dice on the emissions warranty, as I expected, having worked for GM for 10 years (94 prior) I should have know better anyhow. It covers the cats and PCM only. I did get a print out of my truck Warranty history though, and it has had the radio (6 disc) changed three times, The amp once, inner tie rods twice and the steering shaft twice. all this in under 50,000Km.

The parts I found for the TSB's were an updated vent cannister and bracket and a remote vent kit which I guess includes a new solenoid/switch as well add up to like almost The cannister is 200 the bracket is 55 and the vent kit is 325. I hope that the vent is just dirty and stuck open causing the PO455 large leak dtc.

Edited by David S (see edit history)

What is a tip ring governer speed?

As for trans settings, with a shift kit they should be at stock or close to stock. Torque management isn't needed at all after a shift kit. I don't even see much point in it at all anyway except in a few rare cases. I'm curious though why you'd ask if you already have a tuner? If you don't know why question the tuner?