Wheel Tire Combos ?

RICE EATER

alright guys im wanting to see what everyone is running at the track for wheels and tires...and if you know what kinda 60ft times youve got with them... and!! if you know the weight of them would really be intersting. but just put down what ever ya know

anyone know what the stock ss wheels weigh in at?

just though this might be usefull for everone to see. i know it will help me

im run some black steel wheels with some B.S mastercraft tires i think there a 225 65 16 :wtf: i know i know..lol so im think there about 26 inchs tall. they weigh in at 54.3 lbs each ( which i think still is a bit heavy ) and my best 60ft so far is a 1.67

also price on what you have in to them would be cool if you know.....mine where freebe's..lol but id like to find a better combo so im tryin to see what the best bang for my buck combo

225/70/16 (28.4in) is what I run when I go to the track, they weighed in +/-52lbs. I sold the 16's to a guy for $300 and I bought them back (1yr later) for $200.

My 22's on 305/40/22 weighed in at 85lbs. With my 22's I ran basically even with another SS running 14.7ets, with the 16's I ran a best of 14.15et with a 2.01 60ft. Hope that helps :cheers:

very cool.. your running pretty close to what i im.. just alil taller..i need to measure mine and see for sure.

looks like you have great gains also..i was conserned with the weight, after going to the track and throwin a set of slicks on stock f body wheels on his camaro they felt half the weight my 16s did.. so im curious

For yours a good inexpensive wheel would be the spare tire wheels from like a Tahoe/Suburban. They have a lightweight wheel and can be readily available from the scap yards. That with a 235/55R17 would work out fairly well.

I have two 28" M&H Racemaster Drag Radials 275/50/17 mounted on black steel Cragars, I have yet to make a good pass on them, hopefully soon. The one time I did run them my 60' was 2.05. The combined weight was around 100lbs for both when they were shipped to me.

The stock SS whell and tire weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-85lbs........

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

My SS rims weighed in at 96lbs each when i had them coated...im going to run 4 16" stock rims with hoosier quick time pros, they have a 29.5 x 11 tire that will be great...that is if the trans last long enough under the new setup to buy them before it becomes 2wd

here is my set up

CalSpeedwayJune132008586.jpg

centerline dagger 18 x 9.5 with mickey thompson 305/45/18 et street drag radials. weight is 62lbs wheel and tire. cost was aroound 2k for the set .

best 60ft to date is a 1.64 with more left on the table

here is my set up

centerline dagger 18 x 9.5 with mickey thompson 305/45/18 et street drag radials. weight is 62lbs wheel and tire. cost was aroound 2k for the set .

Nice looking set up for the track :cheers: Mines looks weird at the track with the stock 16's.

post-7946-1224355885_thumb.jpg

here is my set up

Bitchen flames on the side. The 18" wheels still look really good on it.