Gibson exhaust installed today

I installed my Gibson split rear exit exhaust today. Wasn't too bad but there was one problem worth mentioning I think. The driver side head pipe was about 2" too long. There was no way I was getting the muffler on both headpipes with it that long so I cut the 2" off and it solved it. Getting the headpipes and muffler mated and aligned was aPITA but otherwise it was okay. It toook a while(5 hrs) but about an hour and a half was removal of the stock exhaust. Cutting the stock tailpipe off took a while, I don't have a sawzall(that will be changed real soon!) and hacksaw ing was getting me nowhere but tired. So out came the 4 1/2" grinder and I made like American Choppers. I snapped a couple of pictures, one is of the headpipes and the tight clearance between the two. Also, the tips I have aren't the Gibson tips, they are 4" Magnaflow stainless tips. The Gibson came with very nice 3.5" tips but I wanted a bit more.

Now the good stuff, it sounds awesome, just what i was looking for. Mellow but yet louder than stock. There is some resonace inside but not much at all, very liveable. Very nice sound overall. I haven't noticed any change either way as far as performance is concerned but I didn't get on the truck either.

48228819.jpg

48228815.jpg

48228810.jpg

48228807.jpg

rico I have the same system for my truck and I ran into the same problem but just like you I jus tcut the 2 inches off. But other then that this system is awsome it sounds great. And I am very picky on the sound. sounds great. hope you enjoy as much as I do

• 3 weeks later...

rico

are you still enjoying your gibson system? looks good.

anyone else have gibsons on there trucks? and how do you like, or dislike? looking

for input from all. thinking about the extrem duel system there sound file on gibsons site

sounds real good but don`t say about drown inside just slight db. increase over stock

thanks

Archived