What Speakers To Get?

I am looking to get rid of the Bose system, and get a 2 din head unit. What are some good speakers for a decent price? Nothing professional, but no cheap ass wal mart crap either.

Also, I have 2 12 Rockford Fosgates, but I need a new amp, the one i have is old and cheap.

PS: Do I need to get another amp for the speakers to? I am kind of new to all this.

There are plenty of good brands out there. It is all on what your budget is. Alpine, Pioneer, MTX, Fosgate, Eclipse and so on. Your head unit will have enough power to run the new speakers, but it is always best to have a nice mono amp to run your subs and a 2 or 4 channel amp to run the other speakers.

i tell you what pm travis (uncald4) he ownes gig harbor autosports. he does this for a living. i know he has years and years of exspeence in this he wont steer you wrong.

I would highley recomend mb quart component speakers ($850). Had a pair myself and also saw them win a regional car audio competition with a w7 8 inch subwoofer (magnet is huge on the woofer). Run amps to your speakers and woofers seperatley. I use to be all about loud music until the cops got involved...definitley talk to uncald4, I have found in my 2 months of being a member here people on the site are more helpfull than any retailer, store, dealership, etc.

everyone hears things differently. they are your ears and your money. I have MTX and Polk in my different cars. both have their benefits, but in the end, you gotta hear them everyday. I recomend what fits my needs, but that would be like trying to push my taste in women on you, its not the same thing.

Focal are good

MB Quart are good

Polk are good

MTX are good

JL Audio are good

they all make good stuff. some better some worse, but in the overall spirit of things buy from an authorized retailer. this gives you warrenty and support shall you need it, AND for heavens sake put and amp on them!

everyone hears things differently. they are your ears and your money. I have MTX and Polk in my different cars. both have their benefits, but in the end, you gotta hear them everyday. I recomend what fits my needs, but that would be like trying to push my taste in women on you, its not the same thing.

Focal are good

MB Quart are good

Polk are good

MTX are good

JL Audio are good

they all make good stuff. some better some worse, but in the overall spirit of things buy from an authorized retailer. this gives you warrenty and support shall you need it, AND for heavens sake put and amp on them!

I for the most part agree... and add Aline and Infinity to the list, fast4popper and myself also do this for a living :D

Focal are good

MB Quart are good

Polk are good

MTX are good

JL Audio are good

I don't do this for a living but it is a hobby of mine. Focal and MB Quart for the most part are EXCEPTIONAL compared to the others in this list. What style of music do you listen to the most and how to you listen to it? How much are you looking to spend? Will you power it with an amp or the head unit? These need to be answered in order to help you as best we can.

quick question...... can the bose amp be replaced with another amp? just cut the plugs off and wire in the new one???? I'm sure its not very powerful and the wires are already run.... anyone tried this?

I don't think so. If I remember right the Bose speakers are .25ohm which means it will burn up most aftermarket amps by drawing too much of a load.