Cracked Accumulator Piston - READ NOW

lol, yeah it is a squirrel. long story but it helps the guys pick out the parts at the gm parts warehouse. :jester:

todd, no beer for me, maybe a cherry coke or two. :cheers:

we stock that part now, no problem in bringing it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48698656.jpg

Is this the metal accumulator piston?

I am curious because after reading about this in here, and on LS1Tech, I see this is a needed part for my trans re-build.

I have a 4L60E, but I assume it has the same one?

What is the part number for this that I need when getting one?

It looks like I will be gettign many of the same parts at the same place.

I wanted an FLP level 4 or level 5, but I live in Alaska, and the shipping/core$$ is in question. I emailed them though.

It's going to cost a roughly estimated 2000 for R&R, including labor for re-build :(

+ all the parts. :eek:

How many washers do we put in?

Nice rims ben, what size/weight? YOu mentioned washer in another thread about trans rebuilds-is that with this part or with the shift kit itself?

who should I order the shift kit from?

thanks

How many washers that go in depend on your preference. One washer to three, from firm to hard shift. I have two. This is part of the shift kit. Who you order from is totally up to you.

The wheels are Centerline Tomcats and weigh about 31lbs each.

How many washers that go in depend on your preference. One washer to three, from firm to hard shift. I have two. This is part of the shift kit. Who you order from is totally up to you.

The wheels are Centerline Tomcats and weigh about 31lbs each.

Did you do the Vette intermediate servo or the billet servo, Ben? And did you leave your 3-4 servo alone, or did you replace that as well (I think there's only two, correct)?

How many washers do we put in?

Nice rims ben, what size/weight? YOu mentioned washer in another thread about trans rebuilds-is that with this part or with the shift kit itself?

who should I order the shift kit from?

thanks

Hey Joe

Talk to zippy about the shift kit. I got what he suggested. If your comming over to the west side this Saturday, you can drive mine when its done and see if you like it.

How many washers that go in depend on your preference.  One washer to three, from firm to hard shift.  I have two.  This is part of the shift kit.

I just have 2 washers installed also. Along with a corvette servo. Just like ben's. I really like it.

-Matt

• 4 weeks later...

What we have seen is that the increased line pressure from the shift kit is what is causing the failure of the factory plastic piece. This is in the Camaros/Firebirds. Same basic trans though.

Allen did you have a picture of it before you put it in ?  How does it stay straight ?

The housing should do that.

Yeah, I seen it when I was doing my tranny build. I thought about it, but the guy selling me my stuff, didn't know much about it.

Archived