flowmaster

anyone know what part number flowmaster muffler will wrk best for replacing the stocker. i dont have the truck yet... but it should be here soon... i will be a bit tight on money for a while and just would like to get a better sound out of it.

i am looking to jsut put a flowmaster in place of the stock muffler.... which one fits best without alot of changes... thanks

our mufflers ARE dual in dual out, and according to flowmaster (which issued a bulletin for the SSS) the only recommended muffler is the 50 Series Big Block #527504. it's what i have and i went to multiple muffler shops and even called flowmaster myself to get to the bottom of it. and retail is somewhere around $180 but you can expect to pay at least $150. :smash:

our mufflers ARE dual in dual out, and according to flowmaster (which issued a bulletin for the SSS) the only recommended muffler is the 50 Series Big Block #527504. it's what i have and i went to multiple muffler shops and even called flowmaster myself to get to the bottom of it. and retail is somewhere around $180 but you can expect to pay at least $150. :smash:

:withstupid: You are right Sorry, It's been awhile since I put mine on. Thanks for correcting me.

If you need a Flowmaster (and the noise that comes with it), and you only want a single exit, this is the muffler you want and it's on sale: FLOWMASTER

in a post above... someone said that our mufflers are dual in dual out...

i dont have my truck yet... but i thought they are dual in single out... like in the link above for the flowmaster.... just want to be sure before i order... i dont want to have to modify much at all. ... eventually i want to do a true dual system... but cant afford that yet... im taking the cheap way out for now.

I have the Flowmaster for the HD. It allows 2.75" dual inlet and a single 3.5" outlet just like the tail pipe piece. It comes with a small 90deg bend piece so that it hooks up nicely with the stock tailpipe. Sounds great. No RESONANCE. and I picked up over 3/10s with it and a new Nelson tune on a cool evening.

I have the Flowmaster for the HD. It allows 2.75" dual inlet and a single 3.5" outlet just like the tail pipe piece. It comes with a small 90deg bend piece so that it hooks up nicely with the stock tailpipe. Sounds great. No RESONANCE. and I picked up over 3/10s with it and a new Nelson tune on a cool evening.

A Flowmaster with no resonance? Man, that sounds too good to be true. Thats what I'm looking for. Do you know what part number off hand? If you say there is no resonance, i'm buying one this week!! :P

I have the Flowmaster for the HD.  It allows 2.75" dual inlet and a single 3.5" outlet just like the tail pipe piece.  It comes with a small 90deg bend piece so that it hooks up nicely with the stock tailpipe.  Sounds great.  No RESONANCE.  and I picked up over 3/10s with it and a new Nelson tune on a cool evening.

A Flowmaster with no resonance? Man, that sounds too good to be true. Thats what I'm looking for. Do you know what part number off hand? If you say there is no resonance, i'm buying one this week!! :P

I've heard the 70 series Big Block Flowmasters have no resonance. I'm getting one for my Avalance installed next week.

here is the one me and brent have and there isn't much resonance the muffler is dual 2.75" inlets and single 3.5" outlet it comes with a extension pipe that connects to the factory tail pipe. all you have to do is cut the factory one off and this one fits perfect in its place. muffler shop charged me $20 Flowmaster recomended this set up to me back in may of 2003.

Jegs Flowmaster for chevy hd truck

here is the one me and brent have and there isn't much resonance the muffler is dual 2.75" inlets and single 3.5" outlet it comes with a extension pipe that connects to the factory tail pipe. all you have to do is cut the factory one off and this one fits perfect in its place. muffler shop charged me $20 Flowmaster recomended this set up to me back in may of 2003.

Jegs Flowmaster for chevy hd truck

so this is definatly the correct one to put in place of the stocker?

if so ... ill order it this week so i can install it the day my truck gets here!

i got mine in NOVEMBER. so unless they've changed since then, the one i have IS the one recommended by flowmaster. i don't understand why you would get a dual in single out when our exhaust system is dual in dual out. :confused: perhaps some pics would help explain this "90 degree piece" that i don't understand either. the only way i can see it is that they cut the stock piece past where they meet up. i don't know, seems like unnecessary modifying when you can get one that will slide right in :confused:

Archived