POLL

SilveradoSS04

If you're on the street looking to race, what vehicle do you fear the most?  

554 members have voted

1. 1. If you're on the street looking to race, what vehicle do you fear the most?

• Ford Lightning/Harley Davidson
    • Corvette Z06
    • Camaro Z28/SS, Trans Am/WS6
    • Reg. Cab s/b Hemi
    • Dokota 5.9 r/t
    • Supercharged Cobra
    • Neon Srt-4
    • Srt-10 Ram
    • W-body with Supercharged 3.8
    • Other

i also hate to lose but shit happens. only thing i fear on the streets is a veyron and i think it will be pretty even once the new motor is in.

As much as I love your truck and what your doing to it you'll still won't be close to a veyron. They run 10.2 stock don't they? They are heavy for a car but nowhere near your weight either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I love your truck and what your doing to it you'll still won't be close to a veyron. They run 10.2 stock don't they? They are heavy for a car but nowhere near your weight either.

yeah but 0-60 in 3 flat is still faster. not much but faster, i have read they run about a 10.8 stock im sure some are faster. but another thing to consider is 9 out of 10 times a street race is any longer than an 8th mile. i know id still lose but anythign 2wd on the street doesent really stand a chance from a dig. one thing i admit though is imo the top end on a awd truck kind of blows. i think my stock camaro would walk on my truck from a 70mph roll. maybe not now but i couldnt say for sure. anyway i know i do get a little full of myself but hey ive put enough money into this bitch i have a little bragging right , no?

either way spoolin and kp your trucks are going to be close to if not just as fast , that is if you can get traction.

yeah but 0-60 in 3 flat is still faster. not much but faster, i have read they run about a 10.8 stock im sure some are faster. but another thing to consider is 9 out of 10 times a street race is any longer than an 8th mile. i know id still lose but anythign 2wd on the street doesent really stand a chance from a dig. one thing i admit though is imo the top end on a awd truck kind of blows. i think my stock camaro would walk on my truck from a 70mph roll. maybe not now but i couldnt say for sure. anyway i know i do get a little full of myself but hey ive put enough money into this bitch i have a little bragging right , no?

either way spoolin and kp your trucks are going to be close to if not just as fast , that is if you can get traction.

im not one for statistics to judge a street race, because like you said, youve got from a dig, a roll, a higher speed highway race..... in every different race, your truck, my truck, the veyron, they would all act differently. in your 60' times, you would kill me (unless i somehow magically got traction), but in the last 1/8 mile i think i would pull hard away. these new gears are just wonderful at high speeds :jester: i still just dont see a veyron ever being on anyones kill list, especially on this site. not mine, not spoolins, and not chases. an FI Z06 on slicks would be a challange, but i cant think of any other streetable vehicle coming close

• 2 weeks later...

yeah the Bugatti Veyron yeah i doubt i'll ever see one on the road but anyways the 1001 horsepower equip the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 propells it from 0 to 60 mph in just three seconds and past the 200 mph mark in a mere 14 seconds :seeya: .

• 7 months later...

well i know i definatly dont fear a modded c6 even from a roll under 50.

one weird thing is this new motor/intake setup my truck powerband has moved alot . im not afraid to race from a roll as much.

i dotn care whos truck has what above 60 or our trucks are just not aerodynamic for shiz so even if you have the weight to hp advantage you still have a decent chance of getting pulled.

Ill get stomped on by almost any modded car/truck but, im losing the 24's and doing my research on what set up i want to do to the motor and then the games beggin.

hell yeah man , time to play the hp game. its fun and expensive.

Archived