New From Texas

hndaklr

Hey everyone. I'm Stephen. I'm not an SS owner, just a big fan of them. I came across this site while looking for ideas of what to do with my recently aquired 04 crew cab half ton. No offense to to real SS owners but I plan to make an SS "clone" from it. I haven't had a truck in years and came across a deal to good to pass on so I figured what the hell.

My truck is a black 04 crew cab silverado, it was owned by a friend of a freind, who was a service manager, so I know it has been well taken care of. It has the 5.3 Vortec and only 40k original miles. It is in near immaculent condition other than a few minor scrathes and one door ding. It has some 20" mb motoring "smooth" that I am not to fond of, but that can all be replaced.

Future plans for the truck, as budget allows, will be (in no certain order): SS front clip, ram air hood, currently looking for some 22" SS style wheels in silver, roll pan, shaved tailgate and steak pocket holes, static suspension drop after I have new wheels on and figure what ride height will be suitable.

The mother pf all projects will be an engine swap. Pretty sure I'll have to modify other drive train parts as well, but the plan is to take out the 5.3 and replace it with an aluminun block L92.

Anyways sorry to ramble, just wanted to say hi.

welcome to the forum. where in texas ya from?

Nacogdoches, some have heard of it, most haven't..... Home of the SFA Lumberjacks if that helps any.

Was gonna post pics but I out of town and this pc doesnt have a card reader so ill have to when i get back home.

Nacogdoches, some have heard of it, most haven't..... Home of the SFA Lumberjacks if that helps any.

Was gonna post pics but I out of town and this pc doesnt have a card reader so ill have to when i get back home.

My wife was born and raised in Nac. We'll be there the weekend after Thanksgiving for our annual family get together.

Welcome and enjoy. :cheers:

My wife was born and raised in Nac. We'll be there the weekend after Thanksgiving for our annual family get together.

Welcome and enjoy. :cheers:

Just out of curiosity, about how old is your wife? Nac is pretty small as you know, so if she was anywhere near my age, I more than likely know of her. I'm 26 by the way. Graduated from NAC High in 2000. Sorry not trying to get in your personal business...

I failed to mention earlier that I work part time in the evenings machining block for a local GM peformance shop. I wouldn't bet that many of you have heard of them do to the fact that they are just starting to make a name for themsleves but they have some good products and new ones on the way. This is where I plan to build my L92. At a discounted price :) .

www.mastmotorsports.com