Noobie Questions

redlineracingNWI

Hey guys.

First off I would like to say you guys have a very nice forum here. Very well organized and informative. With that being said, let me get right to my questions.

In a couple of months I will be in the market for a new used vehicle. I am a die-hard chevy guy and would like to stay within the GM family for whatever I buy. Performance is very important to me. I am currently considering a trailblazer ss, camaro ss, GTO, or possibly even the Ram SRT-10 pickup. I, however, really like the way the silverado SS looks. My first question is, what are the HP/TQ ratings on these trucks. I know they have a LS based engine, but what engine is it in particular? Is it a 5.7l or a 6.0l? Also, what do these trucks run in the 1/4 mile stock?

Also, I am looking to spend 17k when I get on the market. Is this amount enough to get a silverado SS in good shape with preferably 60k miles or less?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

-Lucas

Hey guys.

First off I would like to say you guys have a very nice forum here. Very well organized and informative. With that being said, let me get right to my questions.

In a couple of months I will be in the market for a new used vehicle. I am a die-hard chevy guy and would like to stay within the GM family for whatever I buy. Performance is very important to me. I am currently considering a trailblazer ss, camaro ss, GTO, or possibly even the Ram SRT-10 pickup. I, however, really like the way the silverado SS looks. My first question is, what are the HP/TQ ratings on these trucks. I know they have a LS based engine, but what engine is it in particular? Is it a 5.7l or a 6.0l? Also, what do these trucks run in the 1/4 mile stock?

Also, I am looking to spend 17k when I get on the market. Is this amount enough to get a silverado SS in good shape with preferably 60k miles or less?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

-Lucas

1st off, Welcome Lucas.

The SSS has an LQ9 6.0liter 364cid rated at 345hp\380tq.

The market is funny w/ the value of these trucks. For $17,000 I would think you could find what you are looking for, probably a 2003-2004

Ok, that sounds great. So its basically a detuned ls2?

And it sounds like with those numbers the trucks should run mid to low 15's. Is that about right?

The LQ9 is derived from the LS1, but the main difference is that the LQ9 is an iron block. The LS1/2 are an alluminum block. The LQ9 is an escalade motor. The SSS runs high 14s to low 15s bone stock usually.

welcome to the site :cheers:

1st off, Welcome Lucas.

The market is funny w/ the value of these trucks. For $17,000 I would think you could find what you are looking for, probably a 2003-2004

btw welcome to the site. it doesnt take much to really open these truck up. just a few cheap mods and you will be set. i sold a 04 z06 for my truck. it wasnt my choice had to for family reasons but im happy that i did. i love it

1st off, Welcome Lucas.

:withstupid: Market is very strange indeed with these vehicles. Make sure you check into wether you want awd or rwd, and options that come with these vehicles. For instance, 2003-04 trucks were loaded to the brim with options and only came in awd. 05s-07s have available moonroofs that the 03-04s dont have. Also, in 2005 you could get rwd or awd. Then for 06-07 its only rwd. Just some info for you bud and welcome. I test drove a SRT 10 ram and kept my SS, I love the AWD. Wouldnt trade it for anything, except for that concept 427 SS.