Nitrous or supercharger

:confused: Calling all power junkies. Help me out. I am a proud owner of an arrival blue SS. 2003. STOCK What mods give the most bang for the buck. Nitrous,supercharger, bolt ons? I have a somewhat limited budget for now but would like more power.

Thanks.

Nitrous will be an ongoing expense.....trust me!

Go for a supercharger, specificly the MagnaCharger Radix.  I know it is the most expensive of them all, but it is the best. IMO :chevy:

Congrats on the new truck!  Got any pics?

errr, i would say go with the vortec s/c if u got the money, there is more potential there... :thumbs:

these are the mods i am doing in this order

fans

LS1 edit

CAI/Intake

exhaust w/headers

N20

cam <<< best bang for the buck after N20

shift kit

converter

:confused: Calling all power junkies. Help me out. I am a proud owner of an arrival blue SS. 2003. STOCK What mods give the most bang for the buck. Nitrous,supercharger, bolt ons? I have a somewhat limited budget for now but would like more power.

Thanks.

Used wisely Nitrous is the best choice. It wins the Bang for the Buck Award IMHO. Don't bother with a SC unless your ready to spend some real $$$. The radix is the most complete kit I'm aware of and you'll still spend several hundred above the price of the kit and/or install by the time your done.

Good Luck, keep us posted on which way you decide to go...

I would post some pics but between uncooperative weather and(poor pics) and my inability of getting them posted here(Don't know what I'm doing yet) I will get some on here as well as adding my Trans Ams to the garage once I figure this out.

The supercharger will probably win out because I just can't be seem to keep my foot out of things. Thanks one and all. :seeya:

**I was just giving Ben and Slim a hard time for toying with the idea of using NOS with their Radix, and it worked out that I am getting the Radix early May. Yesterday one of my Technicians gave me the N/X system off his 02' Vette he sold, so I'm sure knowing me I will probably do the same!!

Good luck with your new truck.

JOSH

I'm thinking of having a radix installed by a dealer in my area. Some of you may know of the dealership from custom camaros. Tom Henry Racing is doing custom, numbered installs. Dealer numbered trucks with numbered plates, authentication paperwork, Windsheild numbers and decals and signatures. I don't know if it will increase the value of my SS but the camaros were a big hit on the collectability scale. Heres the web site.

www.tomhenryracing.com

www.gmmg.com

:thumbs:

**I was just giving Ben and Slim a hard time for toying with the idea of using NOS with their Radix, and it worked out that I am getting the Radix early May. Yesterday one of my Technicians gave me the N/X system off his 02' Vette he sold, so I'm sure knowing me I will probably do the same!!

Good luck with your new truck.

JOSH

I have my NX system. I want to come up with a good clean switch panel for my purge, bottle heater and activation before I put it in. I also still need to get a window switch so I am not spraying through shifts. Of course I am hearing the MSD switch doesn't work with LS-1 based engines. Not sure if this is true or not.

Any of you guys already spraying chime in here please. How did you guys install the WOT switch and do you have any pics? Thanks.

I'm may be a little off, which would be par for me, but you really don't need all that stuff, mainly the window switch. Nice to have, just not needed. The most I assume you would be doing is maybe a 75-shot. Really all you need is an activation switch and a push button, or a WOT switch. Window switches are mostly used by people running heavy shots, that I've seen anyway. Tie in your WOT switch to the wires on the TB, hook your activation switch to a switch in your A/C, horn/ steering wheel radio controls/etc...Then you can just wire in a simple, stow when you're not done, push-button switch. Why wire gauges/panel in your truck for something that will only get occasional use? Personally, I don't think that I frequent the track enough to alter my interior in any way for a N2O setup. I think you and I go about the same? :D If I get N2O it will be to get a sub 12sec time and then I would be ready to put it up until a stroker motor goes in. I feel that this engine will not make too many 600+tq passes. No need to push my luck.

Slim, as for a switch, I got a push button from a guy that was replacing the gun button on an old Pac Man video arcade in the Pizza Inn. It sets in the drivers side cig. lighter hole and it is red. I have not got it hooked up yet, since I am going to wait on the Radix install first..

JOSH

You guys are right, the window switch is out, if your going that far get a prgressive controller. The WOT switch I made for my system works just fine.

Switch panels to match the interior and a guage to go with it. Took some looking but I am quite happy with mine. I will figure out how to put some piuctures on here soon, any help?????

Archived