My First Rant

diggerdan11

It's just the local culture, I know the breed I was born & raised in Grants Pass. Oregonians as a stereotype are dirt-ass broke, or retired, or hippies; very few are automotive enthusiasts, they just don't care for it by-and-large.

OTOH here in Denton TX we have 4 forum members literally within a 7-minute drive of each other! LOL So yeah you can expect a :seeya: from your pals. But it's the culture, too - I went to fill-up at the gas station and there was a ricer and his 3 buddies drooling over the truck from a few pumps away. Pretty much all up and down I35 there is a very well-developed car culture. It's another one of the things I love about Texas.

There's also a big difference between the SSS owner community and the TBSS owner community - you will find a lot of SSS owners do not see their truck as a performance truck (they'd be just as happy driving a LS or any other make of extended cab), however I've run into a lot of TBSS owners which have an attitude that's a cross between Acura Owners Syndrome and Joe Dirt. :lol:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres one around here that a full on work truck, with a roofrack and always towing a trailer, that pisses me off. Theres also a guy here with a black one that looks nice, he waved at me from all the way on the other side of the highway so dont lose hope there are still a few decent SS owners out there that arent on this site...

Just write it off, I do. When chevy made the SS they didn't really do enough to make most see it as a sports truck. It has some visual changes and a little more HP than other chevy's at the time, but that's it. We on here see it as a unique sports truck but others just see it as a truck. The SRT-10 and L were made more for performance than our trucks so they stick out more for that reason. chevy made our trucks to be sporty but also to be used like a truck. So we blend into the sence(sp?) more. Don't worry. There are people out there who know what the SS is and can be. I've always received plenty of looks and kind words for my ss. Stock or not stock she still draws attention and kind words. :cheers:

It's just the local culture, I know the breed I was born & raised in Grants Pass. Oregonians as a stereotype are dirt-ass broke, or retired, or hippies; very few are automotive enthusiasts, they just don't care for it by-and-large.

Mr. P. :)

Yeah thats very true. Im originally from Klamath and there are lots of Rednecks there and lots of enthusiasts. There are 2 other SS's in Klamath and they use to wave at me all the time. both of the guys are in the Air Guard and work at the base. Living on the coast there are lots of hippies or broke ass people who dont car

Just write it off, I do. When chevy made the SS they didn't really do enough to make most see it as a sports truck. It has some visual changes and a little more HP than other chevy's at the time, but that's it. We on here see it as a unique sports truck but others just see it as a truck. The SRT-10 and L were made more for performance than our trucks so they stick out more for that reason. chevy made our trucks to be sporty but also to be used like a truck. So we blend into the sence(sp?) more. Don't worry. There are people out there who know what the SS is and can be. I've always received plenty of looks and kind words for my ss. Stock or not stock she still draws attention and kind words. :cheers:

The funny thing about that is i have had more SRT-10 owners and Lightning owners wave at me then SS owners. Most of the people who take an interest in my truck are other chevy owners most of who drive lifted chevys.

There is a chance i might be moving to Tucson, AZ in the next few months. We will see if the SS owners down there have a little more respect

i guess i may be one of those "dirtbags" etc that uses his truck to work. i have no problems putting 2500lbs of hay on the truck, hooking to a 3 horse trailer or a flatbed trailer, towing a 4 yard dump trailer etc. i bought it because i liked the looks, the comforts, and i needed a TRUCK.

it does still clean up nice. but at the end of the day it is after all a truck

Mine is used as a truck a good bit as well, the tail gate as the scars to prove it. Maybe next time the SS is covered in dirt, mud, crap (literally) I'll take a picture before it's cleaned up.

Our SSS's can pull just about any trailer you wish... though, stoping them may be a tad more challenging.. though I like to be challenged.

if another SSS doesnt wave at me....i know hes pissed cause he wants his truck to look like mine. theres not another SSS around here with mods...all stock

i can def. say i get a comment on my truck ATLEAST once a week....whether its going thru a drive thru. sitting at a stop light or just cruising....

I LOVE IT WHEN PPL HATE! :thumbs:

Yeah, I am that guy, and I think all you guys are azzholes.. :jester:

I have to agree its about 50/50 with those who are cool and those who aren't. And whovever posted that we have a lot up here in Seattle is right. We have A LOT of them here. Kinda sucks! But usually mine is at least a bit nicer, and usually faster. :D

if it really becomes a problem for ya just move to houston tx! people will worship you and follow you into places and ask you if you want to sell them the truck! it's happened to me more than once kinda creepy but hey they know what these things are capable of and want a bad a$$ truck too.

Things /people and the way we do things are a hole lot diffrent down here in The Greatest State of The Union ! :seeya: