My First Rant

diggerdan11

So first off let me just say that i have always just assumed that everyone who owns a performance truck like our SS's has the same love for there truck that i do. They are driving a performance machine because thats what they love to do. I just always figured that everyone who owns a performance truck also had the same respect for other performance truck enthusiasts that i have. Why would you buy a performance truck if you really dont care that its a performance truck and you treat it like it was just plain ol normal truck.

I rarely get the opportunity to see other SS's here in Oregon, there are not that many. There not the most popular of trucks because on the AWD or 2WD, most people around here own trucks so they can use them like trucks and get them dirty and beat up. I use my truck like a truck more then many of you guys on the forum, but i have enuf respect and passion for my truck that i will not do anything that could cause permanent damage.

Anyway like i was saying, i do not get to see many SS's around here. I went on a little trip for just a day. I had to drive to Portland for a meeting, and i was completely amazed that on this short trip i got to see 3 different SS's. The first one was in my town, it was a black one i drove up next to it and honked my horn and waved. And of course the guy who was driving looked at me like i was an idiot and was probably thinking who the hell is this crazy guy honking his horn and waving. The next SS i saw was outside of Portland, It was blue and had a rack on it like those ones that carpenters and shit have on there trucks, the truck was also all scratched to hell and dirty, which made me angry, i did not wave at that guy :puke: . Then on my way home i cam up next to one in Eugene. It was silver and had a canopy on, i pulled up next to it and honked and waved. The driver had to have been in his 70s and he flipped me off when i honked and waved at him.

Im starting to loose my faith in SS owners, like i said before i always thought they were all like me and had the same passion for there truck as i do. I have seen a couple other SS's before that did wave at me or give me the thumbs up, i guess i was just not so lucky this time.

Any of you guys had problems like this before? Met or seen any SS owners that are completely oblivious to what they have?

Sorry about the long post :rant:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know exactly what you're talking about. if i see another ss around town i'll wave, and just like in your situations, i get the "what the hell are you looking at" look. i've only ever talked to one other dude, that isn't a member here, at a red light and seemed like a cool dude. other than that, you get the fools who think they are too cool to respect the fact that someone else has the "same" truck as them.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

I think that many people that have SSS's or TBSS's do not realize what they have, to most it is just a vehicle. For 1 out of every 6 or 7 SSS or TBSS(more common around here) that I see here you may have someone wave or throw a :thumbs: back.

:dunno:

I think it's hit or miss no matter what area you are in. Most people are just not that happy with life so they flip you the bird no matter what. It also shows who cares about their SS's in how they take care of them and what visual mods you see as well. Just know that you have a nice backing in here and if i ever run across you I'll wave back :cheers:

I know what you mean. I was in the Seattle -Tacoma area for most of 07 & 08 and saw more SSS's there than anywhere I'd ever been, but I don't think there are more than 6-8 members from that area on the site.

I saw one guy in Bremerton last year and talked to him at a red light. He said he trolls the site from time to time, but doesn't care enough to join.

Was the camper shell on the silver one you saw a canvas retractable? I saw one of those in Silverdale that had senior couple in it.

I guess some people have the money, but don't really care what the signifigance of what they drive is to others.

Hell, my 92 yo grand father drives a Lincoln Blackwood. He doesn't care about what it is other than it's a Ford and has all the nice creature comforts.

I feel ya man. I have only seen a handful of SSS on the road in the year I have had mine. There is a black one up by where I live that some young kid owns and it is beat. Only has 3 original wheels and the truck is beat. When I see him he stares me down. I have run into a couple on the road that actually give me the wave and I wave back which is cool. All in all we all know what we have and that is what matters. :cheers:

I've seen a few SS Silverado's around here and I either rev at them or honk and wave and they just kinda look at me and sometimes they will wave back. Alot of people don't like my graphics on my truck at first until they see them up close. I think the guys around here are aware of what they have because they don't have anything stupid done to them and they are always clean. I actually ran into a guy at the car wash here sunday who has a 06 intimidator ss. He's said its only got like 3k miles on it and hes done some work to it. He added a eaton supercharger and maybe a few other things and he had it dynoed at 550 at the wheels. Guy was really cool and he liked my truck as well. I told him about this site but whether he comes in here or not I dunno. I would have liked to see it though (he said it was home in the garage)

if it really becomes a problem for ya just move to houston tx! people will worship you and follow you into places and ask you if you want to sell them the truck! it's happened to me more than once kinda creepy but hey they know what these things are capable of and want a bad a$$ truck too.