Autozone

garagemethods

It probably depends on a lot of stuff- like experience.. but Id say like $8.50/hr maybe. I worked at advance auto once when I was younger but I dont remember what I made, I just remember it sucked trying to help people find parts when they dont even know what they need

Yeah, minimum wage is par for the course for an autozone. I used to write mortgages and saw what everyone made. One of my clients was a district manager for autozones in the Southwest US. I cant say which state for confidentiality reasons which one. But he was a district manager and was only making about $52k per year. He had about 15+ stores underneath him. His wife also worked in the chain as a store manager outside of his district and she only made high $30's/$40k. Its better than flipping burgers. I'd rather say "Do you need a torque wrench to install those parts?" instead of having to say "Ummm...Would like to supersize that with fries?" :jester:

when you turn 18 find a penske and apply for a csr position. if you're interested in automotive, then this is a nice place to start. around 15 an hr to wash and fuel trucks, plus they send you to classes if you're interested in moving into the shop. thats how i got started, the only difference is that it was only 11 an hour back then.

oh and if you do, put my name on your app as a reference

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

yeah if you have any automotive know how go get your hands dirty , you wont have to deal with dumb shits (inlcuding other autozone employees) youll get to learn about cars instead of literature.

im sorry but i never go to autozone becasue of the lack of knowledge by the people that work there.