Tranny Cooler

look what came in the mail today...i cant install it i have to wait til my birthday on the 28...a few ?'s....i am installing it but the tq is not in yet...what fluid do i run i dont have the bypass..also for the install i dont think it will be hard...i will have pics after the install...i love the fact that this might look like an intercooler tooPicture143.jpg

Picture144.jpgPicture145.jpg

Edited by keebler85 (see edit history)

If your trans is filled with Dexron III, you can use Dexron III, or you can use Dexron VI. If your trans is filled with Dexron VI, then you must use Dexron VI(synthetic). The install is not that hard, make sure to double clamp those rubber lines on each end(180* between each clamp head)....

just bought me a tbtc for my birthday too!!!!! also i seen a thread on here about having to use synthetic only with this cooler....and sorry to everyone that i have bugged....i know the list is about every member on here..

SSThunder,

brobradh77,

sick03ssbad70velle,

Mr. P.,

shadowsniper3006,

fireman31,

oscareltemblo,

detjo....

just a few...i bothered them alot and they didnt seem to care so i suggest their help if ever needed

Edited by keebler85 (see edit history)

Nice unit waiting to install mine. Looking for somthing to cover the front in this cold weather. I only go about 15min to work, temp never even gets close to 100 with stock cooler.

post-9830-1229987159_thumb.jpg

post-9830-1229987170_thumb.jpg

Edited by waltsum3 (see edit history)

Nice unit waiting to install mine. Looking for somthing to cover the front in this cold weather. I only go about 15min to work, temp never even gets close to 100 with stock cooler.

post-9830-1229987159_thumb.jpg

post-9830-1229987170_thumb.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

:confused::confused::confused:

Your pics look like Long has redesigned the bottom tabs of the cooler; they're closer together than they used to be.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

ok it runs like 100 now when its cold out...and i did not know if it would hurt to be cooler? or if there is a base level that it needs to be at...like so warm...

150ish is optimal operating temp, but with the cold weather sometimes it won't reach that, on an extremely cold morning(like 10*F with a -15* windchill) mine barely breaks 100* if that driving to work.... doesnt really concern me though. I have contemplated blocking part of my cooler off with some alluminum......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

150ish is optimal operating temp, but with the cold weather sometimes it won't reach that, on an extremely cold morning(like 10*F with a -15* windchill) mine barely breaks 100* if that driving to work.... doesnt really concern me though. I have contemplated blocking part of my cooler off with some alluminum......

If you're running synthetic ATF it'll still work ok, because it will still flow well at low temps; Dex-III is kinda like syrup at those low temps, so you get sluggish valve body action (and slipping clutch action). Either way I would still get the ATF temps up to the 150's so you boil off the water vapor trapped inside the transmission.

Mr. P.