Bolted A Bser Rollpan On...

I'm with everyone else. Molding it in will definitely crack it. I haven't mounted mine yet, but plan on it in the spring. I wrestled with the idea of molding it, but kept thinking it would crack with all the stress the bed goes through not to mention all the potholes around here. I don't think I would get home from the shop 8/10's of a mile away, without it being cracked.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to turn this into a product knocking thread. Plus you have to consider that there are no other options out there for us SSS guys.

I'm going to mold it in via glassing it in layers. I've seen many front bumpers made that way and held up really nicely. I'll post up how it goes. Won't be tackling it till later on this summer so any tips are welcome!!

i cant beleive that thing costs almost $400 and doesnt fit?????? reminds me of those cheap ass ricer body kits. if i was to spend that much on a rollpan, which shouldnt cost more than $200, it had better fit.

Here's a couple shots of it mocked in place.

i remember when i had my first beer

what do you mean doesn't fit!? he had the intentions of taking it off and molding it. he probably isn't done, just wanted to slap it on real quick to snap a few pics.

Correct, I mocked it in place to where I would be starting at. Thanks.

i remember when i had my first beer

lol

Edited by ZR1 DREAMING (see edit history)

first off i wasnt product bashing although it came across that way. second i had my first beer many moons ago grasshopper. and third i guess i missed the "mock up part". i was solely looking at the pics and how the rollpan fitment was poor. good luck w/ the project.

when i got mine it fit like crap . it needed alot of body work . i had the shop that did my paint do the pan and they had to do bod to work to both side pieces to make it fit right. here are some pics of the fit on mine now though

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

I don't want to turn this into a product knocking thread. Plus you have to consider that there are no other options out there for us SSS guys.

I'm going to mold it in via glassing it in layers. I've seen many front bumpers made that way and held up really nicely. I'll post up how it goes. Won't be tackling it till later on this summer so any tips are welcome!!

I think Ron (Pufferss) is still making his 3-pc roll pan for the SS. Here's a thread about them with a side-by-side pic of BSER's & Pufferss. And here's an un-installed pic of them.

when i got mine it fit like crap . it needed alot of body work . i had the shop that did my paint do the pan and they had to do bod to work to both side pieces to make it fit right. here are some pics of the fit on mine now though

Chase that looks really good! If I could get a shop to gaurantee it'd come out like that I'd do that vice molding it and chancing it cracking.

Your right guys they will take some body work to get them to fit perfectly. The original was taken from my truck and it fits mine perfect. The thing is that our body cladding was installed by hand not by a machine and is different on every truck. I have tried the pan on my truck on 2 other SS's and it fit neither.

I have tried to make the best compromise on these roll pans. It will need to be trimmed on some trucks and added to on others. I make it clear when I sell them that they should be fitted first by a quality body shop before painting and final install. It's a hand built part for a special low production truck not a production line part that is made by the thousands.

I make very little off these even at the price I charge, hell shipping alone is $40 or more, the boxes I have to have made are $25 ea. Materials, molds etc. not to mention my time. Seriously guys this is just a hobby for me, I make much more in an hour than make off one of these roll pans and they take me several days to make.

Sorry for the rant, but there ya go.