Bolted A Bser Rollpan On...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By molding it do you mean making it permanent? I would rather see you make it look like cladding. Like the rest of them.

Yes, I would take some material off the ends and fill it in as a seamless piece. Making it all a part of the body. I've seen some made like the cladding but they look kind of "cheap" or out of place to me.

IIRC, Dylan had one molded in and I thought it looked great.

getting mine next week. i heard mixed things about getting it molded though. i heard due to our power plant and all the torque it makes it tends to crack the molds. either way they look good! keep us updated

I have one coming. It would be interesting to see how everyone else installed them. Maybe some tips on prep and fit. Can someone help :uhoh:

If you try to mold it to the truck it WILL CRACK. If the two pieces that were joined together were metal then you could weld them, but there not. The shifting of the bed or vibration will crack them everytime. :(

I have one coming. It would be interesting to see how everyone else installed them. Maybe some tips on prep and fit. Can someone help :uhoh:

My body shop had to do some customization do make it fit, and it still doesn't look the best. It definatly isn't a plug and play. They look great, but I wouldn't buy another one.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Micheal PimpSS had his molded to fit better and it turned out great..I dont think it is molded to look as if its one piece but done to minimize the lines....I just painted mine and oout it on..it could use a little work maybe but in the end it still looks 100 times beter than a bumper.

it looks painted to match...leave it like that..you will have to repaint once you get it molded in

I painted it myself, I planned on re-painting once it's done.

Bring it back to Cali and lets mold both it to the body. If it turns out good we can do mine also. You can be the guine pig. :cheers:

LOL, deal... you buy the beer tho.