My House Caught Fire

BILLS04SS

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to here about the house that really sucks. my advice to you is to get a hold of a real estate agent that is very knowledgeable. find out what it would cost to rebuild then check out houses in your area. with the way the market is you may be better off buying an existing house. then selling the lot that the original house was on when the market gets better. thats assuming the house is a total loss.

glad to hear everyone is ok, I would have went straight for the truck parts too once everyone was out safely, and it would be hard to stop me from going back in if there was still stuff to get... Ive never had to deal with an insurance company for anything this big but like everyone else said make sure they dont screw you over. When its time to rebuild the house find your own contractor, dont let them pick cause theyd probably go cheap. I do construction and theres a lot of shortcuts that you might miss that will cost you a lot down the road if youre not careful. Good luck with everything

Glad to see everybody got out ok. Sorry for what you did loose. but just remember object are replaceable and life is not. My best friend just lost his home to a fire about 3 weeks ago. but everybody got out safe even the animals. he lost everything he once had. it make you sick looking at everything you once had but now is gone. here a picture of his truck. It was show quality until the fire.

kurttruck.jpg

kurtsburnedtruck.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Glad to see everybody got out ok. Sorry for what you did loose. but just remember object are replaceable and life is not. My best friend just lost his home to a fire about 3 weeks ago. but everybody got out safe even the animals. he lost everything he once had. it make you sick looking at everything you once had but now is gone. here a picture of his truck. It was show quality until the fire.

kurttruck.jpg

kurtsburnedtruck.jpg

wow.. that sucks.. at least my truck made it. I'm sorry for his loss as well

Sorry for your friend...but...that 1st pics is awesom..in an artistic way...

Yeah it is. that week his house burned down the high for the week was -25. when i walked up to his place after all the water had froze it felt so much colder than -25. you could only stand by the house for a few minutes and your body would start hurting cause it was so cold.

Quick update. thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. You guys rock big time. I have to say allstate has been on the ball so far. I had multiple contractors at my house removing all of the wet carpet and pad the 2nd day. Another contractor was there to remove all of the salvageable clothes for professional cleaning. The 3rd day the allstate estimator examined the damage to prepare a "fair" amount to have the house repaired to it's original state. The allstate personal property lady was also there today and has been great as well. I will have a 5k check tomorrow morning just to help with expenses. She even said she would approve new furniture and appliances throughout the house as the smell she said would not come out. Thanks everyone again from one motorhead to another :chevy: