transgo shift kit

• 2 weeks later...
hey big tex,

what is your opinion on the transgo shift kit.  should i use one washer or two?  i hear three is way too hard.

I think you would be happy with 2 washers. That’s what I have and I like it. But it is all a matter of opinion though.

-Matt

hey matt,

did you put in a better servo or did you stay with the stock one?

bring my ss in to the trans shop to have the shift kit put in, going with the 2 spacers as that is the reccomendation. the trans shop said he won't put in the servo yet, want to see how it shifts without. he also said its a pain as you have to move the exhaust to get at it. would charge 2 hours of labor for that.

going to put in ams trans oil in it, the shop owner said it will soften up the shift and suggested just the regular trans fluid, i like ams oil so i am going to try it anyway.

i will let you know how it goes.

Just as ben said, I sat with my tech at my chevy dealer and did this with him. The only thing he dropped was the heat shield and he also loosened the cross member simple to tighted and loosen a few other bolts.

Def. don't have to remove exhaust. Only thing is you have to install the servo by feel... Tough to see up in there. :cheers:

have my truck back from the trans shop, he put in two washers but no servo, cost was 272.61, that included a full flush and install of ams oil trans fluid that i purchased.

truck shifts much better. does the servo increase the hardness of the shift? is it worth putting in? at wot and just the shift kit in it really shifts quick.

with the ams oil the shop said i will never have to change the fluid again!

Archived