transgo shift kit

hi guys,

i bought a transgo shift kit, not sure if i want to install it, some say its too harsh at slow shifts. what do you have to do with the torque management, is that controlled by the pcm? i ordered a pcm from pcmforless, do i need to have byran delete the torque management so the shift kit won't interfere with the computer? any ideas or reccomendations would be appreciated.

thanks!

it has 3 different levels of harshness for the install. if you leave the servo stock you can also take away some of the harshness. transgo is pretty easy to make it how you'd like it.

I like mine with firm shifts. Just leave the stock shift firmness setings in the PCM (dont program it for harder shifts). It won't buck you at part throttle, but you'll feel it grab and hold on mid throttle+ shifting.

Nothing performance is good for the trans. But having firm shifts will extend the life of the band and clutches as it reduces wear.

With Diablo, not sure. If you are considering that a mail order tune. With a custom order tune where you get the PCM sent to you, it can be done. They use LS1 edit to do it, though. So, as far as I know, you can get edit and do yourself, or you can order a PCM with your custom tune on it, with it removed.

With your setup, I wouldn't want to do away with all of it, just yet. Get a shift kit and maybe build it up (tranny), then do it.

i ordered a pcm from bryan at pcmforless.com, he said he takes out the torque management in the pcm which is what controls that. i am going to put in the transgo shift kit and may only put in one washer and keep out the servo, i am going to ask the trans shop for their opinion too.

hey big tex,

what is your opinion on the transgo shift kit. should i use one washer or two? i hear three is way too hard.

what about the other kit that changes the valve and you dont play with the washers? I think it is the superior kit? Which one is better?

what about the other kit that changes the valve and you dont play with the washers? I think it is the superior kit? Which one is better?

Pretty much opinion at this point. Why don't you install one and let us know? :)

what about the other kit that changes the valve and you dont play with the washers?  I think it is the superior kit?  Which one is better?

Pretty much opinion at this point. Why don't you install one and let us know? :)

Yea I know, we are the gunie pies for these trucks so OUR mods will impact everyone :P

I am not ready to commit, need more info. I love this truck, I want it to last, I dont want to be in the shop when they say, " what asshoel did that stupid shift kit that kills the trans..."

I am glad the only option is the radix so I dont have to go postal over that decision :D

I am on the gm truck site trying to get better/more information.

You make me want to change my sig picture, those rims are sharp,different camera angle :thumbs:

to be continued... :chevy:

hey big tex,

what is your opinion on the transgo shift kit.  should i use one washer or two?  i hear three is way too hard.

I think you would be happy with 2 washers. That’s what I have and I like it. But it is all a matter of opinion though.

-Matt

Archived