Thought I Had A Stroke Today

brobradh77

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Bell's Palsy about 10 years ago. I took a drink of water and it dribbled down the side of my face. At first I was like WTF, but then I couldn't blink my eye or anything and it freaked me out a little. Mine was a result of Lymes Disease. I think it took a few weeks to totally go away, but I've been fine since.

Wow Brad, glad to hear you're doing good....did they say how long it will take to go away, and what are the chances it might come back?

They say reoccurrance if they happen only occure usually after 10 years so maybe its a 1 time thing.

wishing you a speedy recovery, my mom had it years ago it cleared up fine in about 3 months and a girl in my office has it at the moment been off work for about a month,

all the best

eamonn

My doc wants me to stay home until monday but i hate missing work...So I am going to get up and see how i feel in the morning..they say stress needs to be avoided but i dont feel stress at work so we will see.

I had Bell's Palsy about 10 years ago. I took a drink of water and it dribbled down the side of my face. At first I was like WTF, but then I couldn't blink my eye or anything and it freaked me out a little. Mine was a result of Lymes Disease. I think it took a few weeks to totally go away, but I've been fine since.

Drinking is tough..Mine started with my tongue and lips being numb..we wrote it off until yesterday when it progressed...My blood pressure was also high so that was soncerning as well...I have read it takes 50% of who gets it about 2-3 weeks to recover and 35% a year and we wont talk about the other 15%.

Wow Brad...Glad to hear it was not a stroke. Hope you get back to your old self fast... I cant imagine only a half smile when u see boobs lol

lol..I know i was making fun of myself last night about that..whats bad its when i smile and talk is when it really shows up.

i can relate brad i had it 2 years ago. it sucks, it took a year till most of it went away but i never fully recovered from it. if you have any questions drop me a pm.

Thanks man I may do that...its just starnge how IT JUST HAPPENS huh? no real signs you just wake up with it.

lol..I know i was making fun of myself last night about that..whats bad its when i smile and talk is when it really shows up.

Thanks man I may do that...its just starnge how IT JUST HAPPENS huh? no real signs you just wake up with it.

it is weird, i woke up that morning with a tingling sensation on my tounge and by the end of the day i could not move sh!t on the left side of my face. the biggest thing you need to do is keep drops in your eye since you can't close it. thats one thing i found out the hard way.