Screwed By My Tuner!

so today is thursday, well not anymore considerding its after midnight. anyways i dropped my truck off last wednesday with my tuner with the new meth injec and new turbo. the whole weeks hes calling me saying he has to do this and this. u know little things. well when i talked to him today he said it will be ready tomorrow. after explaining what little things he did, i couldnt believe that he didnt tell me what he was doing before he did it. he did things i could have easily done on my own in half the time he told me he did the work in. my turbo sent oil up the charge pipe cause when i changed turbos i forgot to rotate it so the return was on the bottom and it was at an angle. he cleanded the charge pipe, put new spark plugs, changed a few clamps and did a bunch of bs.

finally after him explaining all the mechanical things he had done he said he couldnt finish the tune today do to a file from westers that wasnt in his system and that it wouldnt read right. so when he finally stops talking and telling me what he did, he came out with the price. this was just sent up there to tune my truck which had a previous tune from him, and it took 19.64 hours. meaning 1500 F****NG DOLLARS. ALL THAT FOR A SIMPLE TURBO SWAP AND METH INJEC. he completely screwed me and im never going back.

oh yea and i have to go back to school tomorrow and i cant now cause its an hour drive to the shop and then from the shop its 3 hours away to my apt. not gonna happen so im SOL.

so all in all i spent 1500 bucks just for him to do things without my permission and not tell me anything until he had already done all the work.

You need a better tuner,mine helped me pull my trans after he drove 4 hrs from his house as he was just stopping by cause he was in the neighborhood,and has never charged me more than 80 bucks fo an update no matter how long it took.

well we all know thats cause you got the best tuner there is! at least you were nice enough to share him! :cheers:

and on top of all that, he calls me today when im about to come up there and get it and says since my fuel filter was clogged (never had a problem b4) that it caused my fuel pump to start to die. he said when it goes wide open throttle its lean. besides the fuel pump, when i got oil in my MAFS, he says i need to replace that when its a jet MAFS which i paid retail for. so now im about 1900 because of all the new things and i still cant go wide open because i dont have time for him to do all of this again. i was suppose to be back at college today and now i cant go til tomorrow and the parts dont come in til next week and its too damn far of a drive for me to come during the week.

ive had it with this place. since the first time i got it tuned ive spent over 2300 just in shop hours with this guy and i couldnt take it somewhere else cause the tune was already loaded. when i get my truck back this afternoon ill have to see what the deal is and ill let everyone know.

(Sorry for being such a long reply but im just venting my anger on the computer rather than on him or one of my friends)

IMO..I would call him and tell him your not paying for anything he did with out your permission...I would tell him to put it back the way it was and take ot to someone else...tough shit on his part about parts and labor...No credible mechanic/tuner is going to do what he did.

your fuel filter is in the tank! how did he know it was clogged? did he give you a written estimate? he CAN NOT by low vary from this estimate more than 10% without your permision! I would walk in there with a lawyer and watch what he does. he is dicking you around and he things you are a punk college kid that has mom and dads cash. I would be screeming. dude he is a$$ raping you! get your truck out of there even if its on a flatbed!

You still haven't told us what shop this is....

its the car shop in killeen texas. and ontop of that now, i have to replace my fuel pump and MAF sensor. when i got home today i looked over the work and noticed that one of my damn taillight covers was gone. so now i have just one taillight cover. i took it off and back to the mom and dad thing, my dad paid the difference today cause i have to back to school and all the other work and parts I PAID FOR WITH MY OWN MONEY FROM WORK. yea i think thats what he believes too cause Steve (Mr. P) and i had a long convo today about a new fuel pump and all the stuff i need isnt gonna cost me more than 200 bucks and i can do the labor myself. he gave me the new estimate today on the fuel pump etc.....840 installed. yea **** that. i can put it all in for 200 bucks. i was quoted a factory in tank fuel pump for 350 bucks when i can get a walbro 340 brand new for 140 buscks. ill upadate later

Hey man sorry to hear of your troubles and of your situation. I live just up the road from Killeen and yea you have another problem there to....ITS KILLEEN! I have found more deadbeat crooks and idiots in Killeen than anyplace else. The problem I have found with Killeen is that its a military town first and most business's don't hesitate to rip you off there, and they get away with it due to the fact that another private will be right behind you who doesn't know and he gets his a$$ handed to him. I have been in Killeen and the surrounding towns sense 2000 and I avoid Killeen like it was the plague. If I need something and Killeen is the only place closest to me to get it then I just drive up to Waco or down to Round Rock, point is I hate Killeen and I avoid it if possible. The Car Shop in Killeen I have heard mixed things about and now I know to try to steer people away from them. In fact I have a coworker who is about to take his trans am there in the spring. There is another "The Car Shop" here in Temple located out by the airport and if they have the same owner I couldnt tell you. Anyway..sorry for the long post man I just hate when people get screwed over and to hear of another Killeen victim just adds fuel to the fire. Take care and hope you and Steve can get things back right. He has allot of knowledge and better yet he knows what he is doing :cheers:

Brendan

Hey man sorry to hear of your troubles and of your situation. I live just up the road from Killeen and yea you have another problem there to....ITS KILLEEN! I have found more deadbeat crooks and idiots in Killeen than anyplace else. The problem I have found with Killeen is that its a military town first and most business's don't hesitate to rip you off there, and they get away with it due to the fact that another private will be right behind you who doesn't know and he gets his a$$ handed to him. I have been in Killeen and the surrounding towns sense 2000 and I avoid Killeen like it was the plague. If I need something and Killeen is the only place closest to me to get it then I just drive up to Waco or down to Round Rock, point is I hate Killeen and I avoid it if possible. The Car Shop in Killeen I have heard mixed things about and now I know to try to steer people away from them. In fact I have a coworker who is about to take his trans am there in the spring. There is another "The Car Shop" here in Temple located out by the airport and if they have the same owner I couldnt tell you. Anyway..sorry for the long post man I just hate when people get screwed over and to hear of another Killeen victim just adds fuel to the fire. Take care and hope you and Steve can get things back right. He has allot of knowledge and better yet he knows what he is doing :cheers:

Brendan

yea man thats his shop too. hes started it in temple and the second shop is in killeen.

so now im back at school and just ordered my new fuel pump thanks to steve. he helped me and save me 800 bucks. i also noticed when i got home yesterday that one of my expensive real smoke taillights was gone. they are the nice wade ones and it takes some force to pull it off so i think it was broken so how.

i also found that my dash under the steering column was never put back on all the way and all my acc were disconnected. the only thing on were my gauges. the wires were just cut and it took me over an hour to repair it. i do car audio for a living and if it takes me an hour to do something small its been ***ked with to a great extent