Any Grand Prix Gtp Experts Out There?

thomp62301

Keep getting the ses light on my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Code PO102 MAF Circuit Low Input. Removed and cleaned the MAF, and no difference. Could the sensor be bad? The car immediatly stalls when started from time to time and hesitates at full throttle. One thing I have noticed latley is the "rotten egg" smell in the car after hard accerlation (guessing it's the cat) not sure if it could be related. The car has 80,000 miles on it. Its has an SLP 3.4 pulley, CAI and Cat back on it.

Edited by thomp62301 (see edit history)

i know gm has had a problem on w cars with the engine harness rubbing thru at the air condtioning accumulator. check to see if the harness is rubbing against it and look for shiny wires coming thru.

sounds like a reference wire to the maf may be grounding out.

+1 for a bad MAF Luke....you will know when the cat craps, you will have an idle rattle, and a rattle at certain RPMs....plus a P0300 random misfire code. The cat in my '04 GTP lasted maybe 10k behind the SLP pulley upgrade......

+1 for a bad MAF Luke....you will know when the cat craps, you will have an idle rattle, and a rattle at certain RPMs....plus a P0300 random misfire code. The cat in my '04 GTP lasted maybe 10k behind the SLP pulley upgrade......

I know when the cat craps because it stinks in the house

I actually read on the GTP forum that a bad MAF will ruin the cat also. I know thats bad. 15,000 miles since the pulley change and it's stinkin inside when you get on it.