Can They Do Anything?

garagemethods

so a friend of mine told me that my liscens plate is in the cops system for drinking underage and trespassing.

she also told me that only one guy told the cops this.

since i wasn't drinking underage and havn't trespassed would the cops be able to do anything with only that guy's word?

really pisses me off when i aint doin anything wrong, but if any of you guys know legal stuff like this i would like some help. just for peace of mind.

As long as you don't give the police any reason to pull you over, you should be fine. But keep in mind, the police will pull you over for ANY violation such as if your license plate light is out. Cops will pull you over for the DUMBEST reasons to look for other suspicions.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

well i figured that much.

but it didn't really answer the disturbing part.

i think since there's no evidence other than just that one guys word, i figured the cops just said they would do something to calm the guy but then really threw away the paper since there's nothing they can believe other than his word.

so a friend of mine told me that my liscens plate is in the cops system for drinking underage and trespassing.

since i wasn't drinking underage and havn't trespassed would the cops be able to do anything with only that guy's word?

really pisses me off when i aint doin anything wrong, but if any of you guys know legal stuff like this i would like some help. just for peace of mind.

If you wasn't convicted of any of these like giving a warning ticket or appearing in court for the (drinking and trespassing) then there is nothing the cops can do. It would be all hear say. Got to have documents for both of these.

so ur saying if i had of done this, the cop would have had to actually caught me?

and they can't base a ticket like that off of what someone said even if they gave them a liscens plate number?

Was you caught drinking and trespassing? Was you giving a ticket for drinking and was you caught trespassing? The best way to find out is to ask a cop to run you plates. They can't put things on your record without a record. If it's on your record then I would be asking questions and also show you the proof where you were caught doing whatever.

Ask to have you plates run. Verify that it is true or not. If it is then take legal action. IF it's not true then ask for the proof. Seek you a lawyer and go after who is responsible. If it was me and I didn't do it, I would make sure I told whoever it may concern to kiss my a@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to have her clarify what she means by being in the cops systems. some cops keep notes on people so when they do get caught doing something they can reference notes. If your name and truck is on this kind of list go to the police an ask them why. And explain that it is not true.

If they don't take you off there list, find out who gave them the information and tell the cops to put him on there list for being a crossdresser and a chronic masterbaiter.

Dont sweat it man...with new technology such as laptops in police cruisers there is bound to be mistakes. Take this for example, I grew up in a town about 100 miles from where I am currently, and my best friend is a LEO in the town I now reside, I've had him run my name for the helluva it to see what would come up. I am in the POLICE database as being a victim of numerous property crimes, however that stuff never happened to me...long story short the "computer" or LE database is for POLICE use only and has no legal bearing as far as the court system goes. As far as I am concerned I would be worried about what the judicial system has "on you." The only thing it might do is warrant more suspicion from your local LE agency. Remember reasonable suspicion is the only cause they need to pull you over in the first place...need probable cause to search your vehicle. Stay straight and you won't have to worry anyway.

Edited by GreenMtnSS (see edit history)

her parents are the head of the neighborhood. and a guy went to them with my plate number and said i was drinking underage in their park.

and she knows my plates for some odd reason so she knew that was my truck, but she called me bc they had the cops come and gave them that information.