Shift Kit

After zippy installed the Superior Shift Kit, Billet Servos and .500" boost valve last Saturday we had some minor electrical issues. All is well now. If there is anyone out there hesitant about doing this mod, don't be. It is literally the best bang for the buck. Downshifting from OD to third is as smooth as stock. Through the gears it is awesome :thumbs: The 1-2 shift sets you back in the seat as it should and the 3-4 is just as firm. A special thanks to zippy-My old lady don't want to drive it anymore, mission accomplished!! Its not annoyingly hard but she don't understand it. When I got home I installed the PCM from Nelson Performance. I can't say enough. With the PCM you can notice the downshifts slightly when comming to a stop. Without it you don't feel them at all. Zippy should be posting pics of the install this weekend. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet zippy through this forum, use his knowledge he knows his $h!t. :cheers:

I feel the down shifts from 2nd to 1st when slowing down with just the billet servos in. But, Bill cant in his Denali, so, I am not really sure what is different about my tranny, but it does shift very nice.

i'm also glad i got to meet todd. he's a pretty cool guy with a nice truck and certainly is on the performance side of things. now that we've gotten that electrical issue handled, i'll try to post the entire shift kit install tonight or tomorrow including many pics and instructions. now i've just gotta drive it. :jester:

:cheers:

After zippy installed the Superior Shift Kit, Billet Servos and .500" boost valve . All is well now. If there is anyone out there hesitant about doing this mod, don't be. It is literally the best bang for the buck. Downshifting from OD to third is as smooth as stock. Through the gears it is awesome :thumbs: The 1-2 shift sets you back in the seat as it should and the 3-4 is just as firm. A special thanks to zippy-My old lady don't want to drive it anymore, mission accomplished!! Its not annoyingly hard but she don't understand it. When I got home I installed the PCM from Nelson Performance. I can't say enough. With the PCM you can notice the downshifts slightly when comming to a stop. Without it you don't feel them at all. Zippy should be posting pics of the install this weekend. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet zippy through this forum, use his knowledge he knows his $h!t. :cheers:

let me see if I got this right...

Superior valve replacement-changes the size hole that the pump pushes out the fliud, thus changing line pressure.

Trans-go, changes the accumulator pressure on the fluid so that it think is is higher pressure, but is really just the same pressure just backed up in the trans.

This came to me late last night...is this a correct moment of clarity :D:confused:

thanks-todd and zippy for giving me so much information...

...and knowing is half the battle... :flag:

:thumbs:

Hey todd, on this superior kit do you change converter spring tensions or a valve? is the 3-4 acc spring diffrennt? how about a capsule in the 1-2 servo along with the cushion removed or left alone? what do you do to line bias valve? can you use either paper and or woven cltches on your torque converter? with the .500 reverse boost valve the pump slide can be forced to lower line pressure without a particular spring installed. do you drill the separator plate? thanks joe :seeya:

Hey todd, on this superior kit do you change converter spring tensions or a valve? is the 3-4 acc spring diffrennt? how about a capsule in the 1-2 servo along with the cushion removed or left alone? what do you do to line bias valve? can you use either paper and or woven cltches on your torque converter? with the .500 reverse boost valve the pump slide can be forced to lower line pressure without a particular spring installed. do you drill the separator plate? thanks joe :seeya:

Hey Joe,

I think I know the answers to some of your questions. I know you know these things inside and out. I don't. So I don't want to come across as a dumb a$$. :shakehead:

HELP ZIPPY!! HELP

just got home from the strip, changing shoes to go do some work. posting the pics in my picturetrail and i'll put them in a post later tonight. i'll have a link here in a minute.

Archived