First Impression Of The Silverado Ss

sierra ss

The first one I seen in person was at the 2003 Super Chevy Show in Bristol TN. It was arrival

blue and seemed to be stock down to the exhaust. Loved the body style and for once the

redesigned front end, that was till it went down the track. First pass was 20. some odd seconds

and me and my cousin was like WTF. After three or four more passes he managed to get it into the

high 17's. Later that evening when we got back home my cousins girl friens went and got the

pictures we took developed it was then we discovered my the sss was slow. The guy had to

have been 400+ pounds. It was all he could do to fit behind the wheel, must have been on the

gas and break at the same time lol.

Not bad mothing the sss or trying to piss anyone off cuz I love the sss, just probably the only

one to witness a horrible track experience with one. So everyone else feel free to share about

your first experience with the SS, thats why i started this.

from day one when i first seen the ss i knew one day i would have one i just figured i would be in my late 20s before i got one. bought mine when i was 21. I really like my truck dont have any plans on selling it. i just wish i could buy another one for a dd now. i have only put 7k miles on it in two years. where i live there isnt many around here at all maybe 8 or so. i have never head of one going that slow. the slowest one ive seen in person was a 15.4 and mine ran a 13.5 with the old motor and trans.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I first saw several on the new car lot,all 3 colors. Got out and drooled for awhile ...untill i saw the price tag......thought no way can i afford that!!! Ended up getting a new Blazer with the extreme package in 'o4 then a year and a half later i saw an Arrival Blue '03 with 5900 miles sitting next to a SRT 10 Viper truck...test drove the SSS and never looked twice at the SRT!!

ALMOST 4 YEARS LATER ..NEVER REGRETTED IT!!

I walked from the Harley test drive to drive the SSS and came back and bought it the next day.

I wish it was faster, but I found this site and the quality of guys here made me feel I made the right choice and I could go faster...

I thought they looked great from the moment they came out, had a chance to test drive one in 2004, but couldn't afford one. I wound up buying a new GTP instead, but I had the bug in my head from that point on. When I graduated college in 2006, I decided to pull the trigger on one as a reward after 5 years of hard work in school(and I was bored of the GTP already). When I began searching, I came across a Silver Birch SSS in an underground storage facility at an area Chevy dealer. Call me crazy, but I had to have that truck, it was love at first sight! :wub: I took delivery of her 3 days later. :chevy:

I have wanted a silverado sence the 2002 body style. Then they came out with the 03 look and i was hooked. I really didn't care how fast it was b/c i really didnt buy it worrying about speed, more of how clean it looks. Now that i have one it looks great stock and thats the way the appearence will stay for now. Im so damn tired of everyone and there dogs trying to race me that i gotta get them mods.

When I went to the dealership I had them take me for a test drive, put a down payment on it. Relative passed 3 days later and grieved. Picked it up 2 weeks later and I was scared to even drive it yet I owned it (I was 22 and this was my first nice vehicle and fully paid off). I didnt even have enough balls to wot probably about 3-4 months into owning it, and I wouldnt even consider it a wot attempt, more or less a hit the gas heavy and find out what I got (my moron friend crashed his m3 by wot and not realizing how much hp he had so that taught me a lesson early on). I am still learning how to drive it faster and faster everyday :chevy:

I saw my first one in 03 at the valet of the New York New York Hotel in Vegas, and i thought cool i did not know that chevy made and SS truck, thats nice looking. That year i got my 01 silverado and figured it would be my last truck for a while. Then early in 06 i was with my dad at the local chevy dealership (he was buying his duramax) and inside the dealership was a beautiful black intimidator SS. And i said "I must have it" but there was no way i could afford it, then the dealership sold it to another dealership. Then in september of 06 i drove by the dealership and out front was a black 05. I drove by it everyday for a week and told myself I had to have it, On my next day off i went in and asked a random dealer how much it was, he said 33k and i was thinking nope i cant afford it. The next day i went in and talked the the General Manager of the dealership (old family friend), i told him i want to buy it but i was not going to pay 33k for it, he looked at some paper work and said how about 27k and i Said Ok Ill take it