Accidental Mud Bogging In The Ss

05_gaSShog

As the title says, I sorta ended up mud bogging in the SS, UNINTENTIONALLY. We recently had about 8inches of snow here, which the truck did absolutely great-- including ice.

I went to the far end of yard, it's kind of a transformed field into about a 1/4 acre yard extension. It can get a little soft but never like this. I was turning around back there and I thought for a brief second that I was "slipping" and I didn't think anything else about it. Until I woke-up yesterday and I had some red clay down the side of the truck....it wasn't to bad.

THEN I looked at my yard!!! The ruts are between 8-10" deep and torn up like crazy---the entire portion of the lot. The AWD in these things are awesome for traction, I know the 4x4 in the yard wouldn't have came out of that easily.

Edited by 05_gaSShog (see edit history)

well hunting season in 07 I took my pickup up to my buddy's house and it had been rain for about 3 days. he took his old 71 ford high boy down this old farm road and if ya know the old farm roads in Idaho there all mud. well he said there was no way my chevy could go down there and make it back up the the hill. Well to show off I drove over a mile down this road and spun around and then went back up the hill side ways all the way up. I got back to his house and ya could hardly see any paint. sorry no pics. but I showed up that ford probably had one pissed off farmer

jeeze my buddy tried to get me to go off roading with him the other day. maybe i should reconsider lol. dont worry i would never do it on purpose
well my buddy keep dissin my ss and I just had to show him up ya cant let a ford show up a chevy I even did this with street tires he had mud type tires on his ford
You are aware that the awd has no gain over a 4x4 anywhere except dry pavement...
ya but I had to show him up just to get him to shut up about his ford

over here in michigan at the SAND DUNES.. i meet a kid that had a red ss that had his out playin in the sand..sand drags hill climbs doin it all.. i couldnt belive it so final i found the owner and went and talk to him... turns out he even had a maggie on it.. i was in total shock.. i didnt know if i should smack him up side the head... or ask him to take me for a ride...( cause mine wasnt gonna go anywere near the dunes lol ) and way he said it did great out there.. i even hung around to watch him.. even with the 20s he did pretty well. i still cant belive i saw a maggied ss climbin thos hills..lol