Spoke To The Original Owner Of My Truck!

05_gaSShog

So I knew the owner of my truck lived around here somewhere and I met someone at a garage/towing business less than 10 miles from my house who recognized the truck. We got to speaking and he said that the gentleman who owned the truck before me was very particular, which I guessed because it only had 30k miles on it and hardly a scratch in the bed. After speaking for a little while he gave me the guys number to call and find out about the mods that he had already done to the truck.... and here they are

K&N fipk CAI, Flowmaster True Duals, 160* thermostat and a Zippy Performance Tune.

I knew the truck shifted a lot better than most people said stock should, and I also knew that a corvette was messing with me when I first bought the truck, and he never really gained and I never pulled until we hit somewhere around 90 mph....which he seemed to be picking up a lot of speed and pulled away.

The previous owner was very cool, he didn't mind calling me back and letting me know about the mods and also offering to find Zippy's number if I needed a re-tune after a cam and LT's.

Edited by 05_gaSShog (see edit history)

always nice to actually meet the previous owner.. would make me sleep alot better anyway

It def does make me feel even better about the truck.

He knew of the boards, I didn't ask his screen name though, I don't want to bother him about the truck too much. I know he traded it in on a 09 Mustang GT. I might contact him for Zippy's number at some point and I'll ask him then.

I'm glad I didn't go buy a lower temp thermastat though or PCM tune yet.

It def does make me feel even better about the truck.

He knew of the boards, I didn't ask his screen name though, I don't want to bother him about the truck too much. I know he traded it in on a 09 Mustang GT. I might contact him for Zippy's number at some point and I'll ask him then.

I'm glad I didn't go buy a lower temp thermastat though or PCM tune yet.

If you need zippy's # pm me and I'll give it to you,if you get the guys screen name zippy probably still has the file on the truck.

well chase arent u special. mine was a dealer truck. it was registered to a dealership in dallas then it traveld back and forth from dallas to houston and SA. i picked it up in SA still registered to a dealership

that would be my previous owner lol

Lol.

I was lucky, the previous owner of my SS was a salesperson at a large Chevy dealership, he definatly babied this truck. I bought it with 60k and there wasn't a dent on the exterior and the interior was perfect. I wish I could have met him and shake his hand. But the truck came from 5 states away.

My PO is a long time customer of the dealership I purchased the truck from... He filled me in on why it had a chrome freakin grill on it... nice to know it wasn't wrecked, it was just his wife's vehicle that spent most days and every night of it's life inside the garage... She just had to have some chrome was the simple reason they had the dealer swap it before they took delivery.

I probably do have it on file yet. Other than the one's I lost when my last laptop died I keep all files. I'm sure I'd remember the guy you bought it from too. I remember most customers after talking with them for a few minutes. What state are you in?