To Lean With Straight Pipes?

garagemethods

so right now i'm running headers and no muffler off a 3 inch head pipe.

i'd like to get a straight tube to bolt in place of the cat so i'm running full straight pipes.

but...

i've read that with dumps or straights like that your fuel can become too lean?

so what's this about? would i gain from straight pipes or would i run too lean and actually loose power?

straight pipes....

gain or loose?

from my understanding its actually both... you get a sluggish launch but more top end. and that once tuned for the straight pipes that you loose that slugg launch?

finalize this for me please.

and sorry i keep posting about all this deleted cat and straight pipe crap.

just keep thinking of new stuff to ask and wanna get it right before i do it.

If you wanna dump the cats then I say go for it but you will definatly want something. Go with some flowmaster Hushpowers or a SLP Loudmouth II's if your looking for something slim but if not then I say go for some magnaflows or borlas. Borlas sound really good imo with some headers and no cats. Everyone is into there own thing so just search around on youtube or streetfire and look up sound clips of what your wanting to do to get a general idea of what you want.

well i have no cats and im running thrush turbo mufflers, they aint very loud but they have a nice deep tone to them. im happy. i noticed a hug diffrence in take off. im waiting fro mr. wheatley to get my tune squared away then i should be good