Call I Ran This Morning Made Papers

00silverad0

We got called out about 0330 this morning to set up an LZ (Landing Zone) for our county Air Rescue - Trauma hawk. We arrived on scene and they had me bring out our 7 yr old patient to the Air Rescue. What a messed up scene.

Here it is in our local paper. Sad story

Deerfield mom charged after slitting daughter's wrists, her own, BSO says

Sallie James | South Florida Sun Sentinel

1:34 PM EST, February 9, 2009

DEERFIELD BEACH - A mother accused of slitting her young daughter's wrists and then her own early this morning has been charged with attempted murder, the Broward Sheriff's Office said.

The 40-year-old woman and her daughter, age 6 or 7, are listed in stable condition at area hospitals and expected to live, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Veda Coleman-Wright.

SunSentinel.com is not identifying the mother or daughter.

The woman's husband, who also is the child's father, found the two victims when he came home and called 911 at 3:08 a.m.

Deerfield Beach Fire Rescue workers said they responded to the residence in the 1100 block of Southwest 44th Street, where they found the injured mother and daughter.

Although investigators have not given a motive for the incident, court records show the woman's bank threatened in August 2008 to foreclose on her home in the Waterways, a gated community east of Florida's Turnpike composed of townhouses and single family homes.

However, no further court action was taken. Her personal business, Sheeba's Cleaning Services Inc., was also dissolved in February 2008, records show.

The mother has no previous history of child abuse, said Leslie Mann, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Children & Families.

The daughter was taken by air to Broward General Medical Center, the Sheriff's Office said.

The mother was taken to North Broward Medical Center in Deerfield Beach.

A neighbor who lives across the street from the family declined to comment, saying he was too upset and did not want to cause the family further distress.

No other details were available.

What a rough scene to handle... I feel for the family. I hope they get all the help they are going to need.

On a side note, if you need to talk, I'll listen.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. Our dept will usually do a mandatory open discussion 24hrs after shift.

they should have left the mother and taken the kid. thats just sad and sick. hope the little girl pulls through ok and the mother gets what she deserves. sounds like a tough call bro.

agreed.

mother... :M16:

Man that is rough. Calls with kids are never easy especially when there is some trauma involved. I have seen some pretty sick stuff, but I can honestly say that I have never, and I hope I never do have to see something like this. Its disgusting whats going on in the world now. I really hope that little girl gets all the help she needs and I really hope she finds a loving home to grow up in. As for the mother, I hope she gets the help she needs too. I love being a firefighter/emt and I would never give it up, but as first responders we see some sh*t that no human being should ever have to see. Just don't keep it all in, it will f you up even more. As a fellow brother if you need anything let me know. Take care man, and stay safe.

Rob

2nd LT/EMT-B

Morrisville Fire Dept

Morrisville, NY

Man that is rough. Calls with kids are never easy especially when there is some trauma involved. I have seen some pretty sick stuff, but I can honestly say that I have never, and I hope I never do have to see something like this. Its disgusting whats going on in the world now. I really hope that little girl gets all the help she needs and I really hope she finds a loving home to grow up in. As for the mother, I hope she gets the help she needs too. I love being a firefighter/emt and I would never give it up, but as first responders we see some sh*t that no human being should ever have to see. Just don't keep it all in, it will f you up even more. As a fellow brother if you need anything let me know. Take care man, and stay safe.

Rob

2nd LT/EMT-B

Morrisville Fire Dept

Morrisville, NY

Rob, thanks man, I appreciate it. Stuff like that is hard to put aside, I as well have seen alot of bad stuff , but like you said, nothing compares to child or pediatric injuries. We had a 4 person ejection last week with 2 pediatric ejections and a 29 y/o 6 months pregnant as well. Things can get crazy out there. Take care man.

Like everyone else has said dont bottle it up...talk about it if you want to. I am bad at not talking about anything or showing feelings...Agreed that we do see alot of stuff. If any of you all are ever down in the rince Georges county area of Maryland let me know if you wanna ride along or something. Be safe

Sad stuff man, it's a sick and twisted world we live in nowadays. :nonod:

My FD responded to a suicide a few weeks ago. We were called out for a 32 year old male cardiac arrest....we showed up and found him laying slumped over a night stand with a bullet hole in his head, his brains on the ceiling, and the gun still in his hand. His mother found him when she came home from work, he had been there for quite some time, lividity was setting in. :sick:

Man that is rough. If I were her husband I wouldn't be happy that they are charging her. It's just not fair. They just need to let her go home so he can kill her himself. That's all she deserve's, to be beaten to death.