Back From The Track

kelleyperformance

well, as many know i had only gotten one run in when i was a 6 spd. it was in complete street attire, 24s and all. ran an 11.97, dont remember anything else. now ive been back auto, and running on the 305/40/22 toyos. anyways, heres some of my times. i really really need to get some big DRs, seems like i have everything else good.... opinions are welcome :cheers:

60ft- 1.995

1/8th- 8.148

1/8th MPH- 87.72

1000ft- 10.586

1/4- 12.688

MPH- 106.85

best trap speed was 107.68 MPH, best 60' 1.995

So what is wrong with a mid 12 second sweet looking truck? :cheers: I feel it is all about the 60ft time for ya. I assume you have the 3.73's in the rear and with a tall street tire, it is tough to get a grip and turn 1.60's (or better). I would suggest a short sticky tire and wheel package. I would look for no taller than 28" overall. That combo should get you into the powerband earlier and also have you going through the traps at a higher RPM. Provided that the wheel weight is the same or lighter, you stand to have a significant improvement. If your 60's were in the 1.6x range, I would expect you to improve to a very low 12.x or even touch the 11's with good weather conditions.

yeah that 60 foot time is killing you. I think the rule of thumb is 1 tenth in the 60 foot is good for 2 tenths at the line so imagine what a 1.6 would do for you. What are your gears? with a big tire like that i imagine you have plenty of RPM left in 3rd gear, maybe your not even in the cams power band(not sure on your motor set up) so either higher gears or smaller tire. But if your spinning already either of those will only make it worse, and i think DR might not even hook, might be time for ET streets or slicks. What is your rpm crossing the line?

Still a fast a$$ time for a killer looking truck!!!! great job

Brad

BTW: all runs made were in complete street trim, nothing what so ever removed. even had a cooler and some tools in the bed lol

dunno my RPM at the line, but 3rd tops out on the 22s at about 150ish. i have 3.73s and the tire is 31.6". i have DRs on the stock wheels, but theyre only 275/40/20, nitto 555R. it hooks ok, but i cant launch off any throttle or i just spin thru second. unfortunately slicks are not an option with alumisports, unless someone knows where i can find an 18 inch.

i am either going to spray the truck, get the larger blower (finally), or both :D but im kind of very poor right now so, prob just the bottle since ive had everything since i bought the truck

my setup:

364 ci LQ9 block

10cc domed pistons

eagle H rods

arp studs/bolts everywhere

64cc GMPP CNCd heads

GT2-3 Cam

MP112 blower/2.75 pulley

LT headers/no cats/true dual

outlaw intake/100mm LPE MAF

60lb siemens injectors

...and lots of other things i dont remember

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

they are usually about 105-120 deg operating... peak at 160 right at the end of my runs, then drop back down in a few seconds. im on 9 psi with a consistant 21-23 deg of timing. this is with a 70 deg ambient

tell me more of these tires....

Good to see you finally got out there. I thought when you ran with the 6 speed it had broken the first pass. Didn't remember that you'd made it into the 11's. With that 60' time there is alot left in it if you can get it to hook. Timing sounds a bit high??? With your truck I'd be happy that you went to the track and didn't break it. You probably had the best looking truck there too.

they are usually about 105-120 deg operating... peak at 160 right at the end of my runs, then drop back down in a few seconds. im on 9 psi with a consistant 21-23 deg of timing. this is with a 70 deg ambient

For comparison, I would run 20-21* of advance and my IAT's would start at 90-95 and PEAK at low 120's for all of my 11 second passes. I ran the 2.8" pulley and saw the same boost as you are. With that much advance and those high IAT's, did you happen to hear any pinging? Were you running any race gas at all?

One other thing, with the motor mods you have done, do you happen to know your compression ratio?

the CR is about 9.7:1 if i remember correctly... give or take a tenth. theres no KR from the sensors but it does start to pull timing at about 145 deg IAT. so im not running all of it thru those temps. my first two runs after icing the truck werent that hot, i gave the ones that were consistant pass after pass after pass, no breaks but the time to drive back around and line up again.

....and mike- i DID break it. i f'ed up a few lifters on bank 2. heads are coming off and putting in my crane $$$ lifters and 1.8 roller rockers again with new valve springs. dont want another failure. tranny is holding up amazingly well. doesnt slip at all, never acts up... about 10k on it now

the CR is about 9.7:1 if i remember correctly... give or take a tenth. theres no KR from the sensors but it does start to pull timing at about 145 deg IAT. so im not running all of it thru those temps. my first two runs after icing the truck werent that hot, i gave the ones that were consistant pass after pass after pass, no breaks but the time to drive back around and line up again.

....and mike- i DID break it. i f'ed up a few lifters on bank 2. heads are coming off and putting in my crane $$$ lifters and 1.8 roller rockers again with new valve springs. dont want another failure. tranny is holding up amazingly well. doesnt slip at all, never acts up... about 10k on it now

Man I feel bad for ya. That truck just likes to break parts. :banghead:

how high are you taking your shift points? TM? line pressure?