Back From The Track

kelleyperformance

well, went to move the truck today and no more lifter knock.... but the truck was overheating at idle. put it on the lift, found oil and coolant all over the undercarriage. didnt have time to find the source, but its looking worse and worse :banghead:

shift points are 6400, 6200. no TM, and line pressures are at stock values if i recall correctly.

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

it runs fine tho, thats the strange thing... if its moving or reving theres no overheating and the dipstick is actually showing about 7.5 qts in there... but i do all the matenence too and i did not overfill it. AND with it having at least a qt underneath it, that doesnt make sense....

they are inverted dome

ok so the oil all over the truck wasnt mine... and thinking back, a mustang blew up in front of me at the tree. i guess i ran thru his oil... coolant was coming from the water pump, just changed the gaskets no more leak. however, lifters are definately on the way out. so i just need to take the heads off and put the crane ones in.