Iss Template Mounting Hole Layout

70chevy03ss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cut them out of a piece of steel that I had laying around and fabbed them up my self...

Feel like making an extra set for a fellow KY member lol :fingersx: I'll pay for you hard work. I don't have the tools to fab these up I don't think. I got my paypal invoice today for the spoiler so I'm going to get that paid ASAP so I can have it here next week. Also I know you printed out the template. did you just open the suplied pic and print to get it to print to scale or what? I'd like to know so I'm not doing trial and error 50 times to get it right lol. I'm a little lazy i guess :jester:

I used cardboard and made some brackets in less then 20 min. come on guys it easy

I don't have the tools to cut any real metal. My dremel is fine with 1/4" alum. but it would probably burn up making a set of brackets lol :jester:

Anybody got their spoiler painted yet? I'm wondering what a shop will charge for such a small piece. My hood was around $275 but that included some fab work.

I don't have the tools to cut any real metal. My dremel is fine with 1/4" alum. but it would probably burn up making a set of brackets lol :jester:

Anybody got their spoiler painted yet? I'm wondering what a shop will charge for such a small piece. My hood was around $275 but that included some fab work.

:withstupid:

I live in a 4th floor walk up in the city. No room to have anything more than a small set of tools here.

Back to the top.

Anybody got some details on the install? I got my spoiler today and took a quick look at it. What kind of screw/nut combo do you use to attach the wing end pieces to the bracket? It should be easy to attach the bracket to the truck with 2 bots/nuts. There is a hole in the end pieces to attach to the bracket. I'm guessing after you attach the end pieces, you just have a body shop paint everything plus the screw in the end piece that should be visible?

Ok. What bolts do I need to attach the main part of the wing? Somebody mentioned rivets for the front? I think we've got holes drilled under our tailgate cap so removing that should show those, then we have to drill 5 holes in the back to mount screwd in? I know we can't use bolts/nuts lol :jester: anybody got exact screw details?

here are the GM part #'s somebody already posted and here is the prices from GMpartsdirect.com:

Well nuts for t-gate: 11609293 X 5 @ $2.31($11.55)

Screws: 15151978 X 9 @ $2.64 each($23.76)

Screws for side spoilers: 11609989 X 4 @ $2.32 each($9.28)

Nuts for side spoilers: 15685170 X 2 @ $2.52 each($5.04)

Total for parts: $49.63

S&H: $21.43

TOTAL: $71.06

Part# 11609293 is a rivet on GMpartsdirect.com so I would think that would be the only part we need to get from them and the rest of the parts we could get from Lowes. I was hoping somebody could post the acutal screw/bolt/nut sizes so if you got'em post'em up. I'd rather not spend $71.06 for a bunch of bolts. :cheers:

EDIT: Found this on page 2:

i went to lowes today and picked up soem m6X1.00 nuts, lockwashers, and washers to mount the side pieces, all stainless, now I just need to find out what the bolt sizes are to bolt the main spoiler to the gate. Anyone know??

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)