Iss Template Mounting Hole Layout

70chevy03ss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just click on the pic top of the page :cheers:

I want it to be to scale, I have saved the pic on my pc but I wanted a pic of just the template to the exact size and the holes where they are supposed to be. You are supposed to cut the pieces out and fold it at the line and drill your holes in your bed with the bottom edge of the paper lined up with your tail light opening. Thanks

the reason the p/n is not good on gm's website is that it's all part of the kit you buy from gm. for 900 you get the spoiler, brackets, hardware, and template. like it was said before, maybe you could make copies of the corners on a piece of paper, the main taligate spoiler is pretty self explanatory, but I would hate to f up the corners. thanks :chevy:

For the hell of it, i traced the enlarged image from my computer screen from the template, and took it out to the truck, and I think that'll work, it lined up perfectly!! now, if I only had enough balls to try it!! hope this helps. anyone know how to mount the main spoiler, i know there are five bolts on the back of it, and four on the outside, but are there speednuts behind that the bolts thread into? I've heard there are holes there from the factory. idk.

Edited by BlkSilveradoSS03 (see edit history)

I traced one out also, but you need to cut the hole out of the end and lay it inside the wing piece to see if the hole is in the right place. I layed it on the truck and checked again and again, measure twice and drill once. So I pulled the trigger on the drill I mean, and to my suprise it was in the right place (woo hoo), I got both holes drilled and the end pieces mounted on the truck, but I still need to fab up the brackets to complete the job. On my wing I will have to drill new holes because I welded the old holes up before I painted it. I will post up more pics when I get the brackets fabbed up.

post-15019-1235758168_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1235758186_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1235758214_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1235758236_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1235758275_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1235758296_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1235758319_thumb.jpg

looks very nice. I'm assuming once you take the taillights off you have access to put the nut on the stud of the side wing? Also, are there holes pre-drilled in your tailgate? i noticed you didn't have any bolts in it. The bracket in the pic that someone posted, looks simple, just bend and drill three holes.. :cheers:

I traced one out also, but you need to cut the hole out of the end and lay it inside the wing piece to see if the hole is in the right place. I layed it on the truck and checked again and again, measure twice and drill once. So I pulled the trigger on the drill I mean, and to my suprise it was in the right place (woo hoo), I got both holes drilled and the end pieces mounted on the truck, but I still need to fab up the brackets to complete the job. On my wing I will have to drill new holes because I welded the old holes up before I painted it. I will post up more pics when I get the brackets fabbed up.

Looks friggin awesome dude!!! Clean job!

i went to lowes today and picked up soem m6X1.00 nuts, lockwashers, and washers to mount the side pieces, all stainless, now I just need to find out what the bolt sizes are to bolt the main spoiler to the gate. Anyone know??

You need the rivets that go in the holes that should be drilled in your tail gate then the screws