Iss Template Mounting Hole Layout

70chevy03ss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99ImperSSonator told me he traced the template for the corner piece from his monitor and it worked great for him. I did the same thing. Then I made some measurements and drew an outline for the brackets. I'll try to fab it up tomorrow and see how it looks

i traced the the outline of the template on the monitor and then cut it out and the holes are way off not even close. what am i doing wrong.

You need the rivets that go in the holes that should be drilled in your tail gate then the screws

This may be a repeat but the part number for the rivets is #11518684, you will need 5 of them. I got this number straight off the diagram of the iss spoiler on the GM parts computer with all the parts listed for the spoiler. I noticed someone had posted a rivet part number ealier in this post but I believe they cost more. The ones I got were I believe .41 each. Anyways if you do not want to use the rivets just drill a hole slightly smaller then the screw #15151978 thread the hole and use it without the rivet. Works either way. I also noticed the brackets are not serviced with a individual part number. The only way to get them is by buying the entire spoiler through GM. Hope this info helps. If it is a repost sorry.

• 2 weeks later...