Iss Template Mounting Hole Layout

70chevy03ss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used the "rivets" from lowes and used m6x1.00 boldy bolts. there black, oe looking and cheaper than gm and the look good. I just need to fab up the side brackets and it's good to go. The washers i got from lowes fit perfectly in the side spoiler's hole.

do you have the spoiler already? if you do, lay the main spoiler on the tailgate, and mark your holes. look off the 1st post and use the template layout for your side holes, works liek a champ. look at the iss group sale post in the for sale section for a parts list.

OK, I hope I'm not the only confused one about the template and the brackets for the end pieces. Will we be able to get a true-scale copy of the template? Is someone planning to fab the brackets, or is there away to get the correct shape and size to make them? At this point I will sure pay someone to make copies of the template and fab the brackets. : :banghead:

OK, I hope I'm not the only confused one about the template and the brackets for the end pieces. Will we be able to get a true-scale copy of the template? Is someone planning to fab the brackets, or is there away to get the correct shape and size to make them? At this point I will sure pay someone to make copies of the template and fab the brackets. : :banghead:

99ImperSSonator told me he traced the template for the corner piece from his monitor and it worked great for him. I did the same thing. Then I made some measurements and drew an outline for the brackets. I'll try to fab it up tomorrow and see how it looks

Ok guys, I will fab a few sets of these up until I run out of materials. It takes about a hour or so for me to make a set with the tools I have. The cost will be $30 shipped and will include two bolts, washers, template and the bolt hole in the end will have the same threads as the lugs in your tailgate. Let me know who wants them and I will get them made as soon as I can. Here is a pic of the set I have fabbed up now...

Carl

post-15019-1236995406_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1236996433_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1236996456_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1236996478_thumb.jpg

Edited by 99ImperSSonator (see edit history)

Ok guys, I will fab a few sets of these up until I run out of materials. It takes about a hour or so for me to make a set with the tools I have. The cost will be $30 shipped and will include two bolts, washers, template and the bolt hole in the end will have the same threads as the lugs in your tailgate. Let me know who wants them and I will get them made as soon as I can. Here is a pic of the set I have fabbed up now...

Carl

I will take a set of them. You want the money paypaled to you or mailed?