K&M or Volant Intake??

Maximus

First off its K & N not K & M, but its no biggie. I had a K & N on my blazer and I really liked it. Alot of people prefer the Volant though compared to the K & N. If I were to put one on my SS it would be the Volant. Heard alot of good things about it.

K&N now makes a 77 Series kit specifically for the SS. FYI, the part number is 77-3023KP for polished or 77-3023KG for plain gray. Personally, I'm going with the polished one... always had good results with K&N's stuff.

Yesterday someone told me that the K&N filter let's too many particles into the engine. The first two times someone told me this I disregarded it, thinking they didn't know what they were talking about. Now after three people telling me the same thing, I am getting concerned. This last guy told me about a 'True Flow' system or something like that....anyone heard of it?

Yesterday someone told me that the K&N filter let's too many particles into the engine.  The first two times someone told me this I disregarded it, thinking they didn't know what they were talking about.  Now after three people telling me the same thing, I am getting concerned.  This last guy told me about a 'True Flow' system or something like that....anyone heard of it?

I have seen the 'True Flow' on a demo..They are here in AZ but they are price's are to high just like volant.. Go to there web site...TrueFlow

In regards to the K&N Filter letting too many particles in the engine. We runs these on our drag quads, now I dont know if they are the same fabic in truck filters as they are in quad filters but if you hold the filter up to the sky or light if you are inside, you will find out that you can look at the filter and see tiny pin holes of light shining through, now I dont know about you guys but when you can look through the holes of your air filter, it can't be too good, I have had a few friends blow up there bikes becuase of this, but then again quads will blow up easier than a truck, so I have run the outerwears on the filter and have never had a prob....

I stopped running K+N's on our quads, everytime I changed the filters I found fine dust in the intake tract. Two strokes do not handle dust in the motor well. We switched to foam filters and I haven't seen the dust since.

Four strokes are not quite as sensitive to the fine dust in the intake tract although it is still not good for the motor. I do think the cars protect the airbox a bit better than the quads do where you have the back tires so close to the intake.

I think that the factory air box is fine. I put a simple K+N drop in filter and noticed a difference. Then I got a volant afterwards. I noticed no difference between the two. I think that the K + N drop in filter alone works fine. The factory filter has a better fit to the fender. I don't think the volant is worth the money untill I see the ram air tube or if you want to cut out the fender hole.

Archived