Flat Black Ss

If the swirls are bothering you, you should look into preventable measures as far as how you wash your truck.

Give us some details on your washing methods, maybe we can help you with fixing the swirls as well as preventing them.

This is if, you decide to not go flat black.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the swirls are from this ass at the dealership that I let buff my truck before that there was just little lines in my paint, washing habits once a week with mit and dish soap I dry it with a shamois and put the california duster on it every once in a while, once every 2 months I spray wax with nonowax I just can seem to win I got so frustrated with it yesterday I tried waxing it with a microfiber towel and some swirl remover abd it just made it worse so I stopped the was wasn't even coming off

dude, you don't want to use dish soap everytime you wash it, only if your planning on waxing it each time. dish soap strips everything off, and I would bet some of your problems are from the lack of wax. I wash mine 1-2 times a week by hand, and use mothers car show wax, and then after each washing and drying, i use the detailer spray. I probably wax mine 3-4 times a summer. just my .02 make sure the microfiber towels you are using are made in the USA, the shitty ones from wal-mart are a blend of micro, usually, poly.

dude, you don't want to use dish soap everytime you wash it, only if your planning on waxing it each time. dish soap strips everything off, and I would bet some of your problems are from the lack of wax. I wash mine 1-2 times a week by hand, and use mothers car show wax, and then after each washing and drying, i use the detailer spray. I probably wax mine 3-4 times a summer. just my .02 make sure the microfiber towels you are using are made in the USA, the shitty ones from wal-mart are a blend of micro, usually, poly.

thanks for the advice now I just gotta work on getting these swirls out so my baby looks good again