Transmission Overheating!

Well I say MonsterMotorsports name is MUD with me! I took the truck to a local shop and he is going to rebuild it as I said before for $1500 with a 12 month/Unlimited mileage warranty. Im going to keep my fingers crossed that this one holds up. Im thinking pretty hard about buying an aftermarket powertrain warranty cuz im sick of shelling out thousands of dollars on transmissions, Id rather just pay a deductible.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am officially warning people against buying MonsterMotorsports transmissions now. I am talking mad shit on my YouTube videos I originally did for them too. My trans builder here pulled it apart and found that there was a chunk of drum material that cut into the piston that provides clamping pressure for the 3-4 clutch pack. Obviously this chunk of metal allowed fluid to leak past the piston and did not allow adequate clamping pressure, so over time it burned up the clutch pack. Upon further inspection, and I have pictures, we found that there were several places that the input drum had chunks of metal knocked out. My builder is confident this must have occured during assembly of the transmission. Take it for what its worth, but I am thoroughly unimpressed with their tranmissions.