4L80-E Upgrade is almost done!

Looks good, Brian. :thumbs:

Are there going to be any tranny pan removal issues for normal maintenance? Couldn't tell from the pics. The only other install I saw, did have major issues in that area. Did you leave the gears as they were, or did you decide to change them more to along the 4L60 gearing? What size stall is going in?

Those look like after market cats on there also, along with long tubes?

No issues at all, I removed the pan with the exhaust on to check, although I am going to have the exhaust redone anyhow. I am not happy with the way it runs below the trans pan. I am running a 2500 stall verter with the stock 80-E gears and 4:10's in the rear.

usually in the case of the gearing issue, just adding more stall will fix that. the extra weight and extra drag may cause him to lose a bit of time, especially on the big end, but the closer ratio's help the engine stay in it's power band much better.

what all did you do for programming and wiring?

I added some stall (should flash about 3000) and I am running 4:10's in the rear. With the weight of the truck, and the stall/gears it SHOULD be about the same, maybe a little less. I expected to loose some ET with this, but I would rather have a strong trans. I have been through 4 60-E's and I am sick of it!

Zippy, I used a harness made by www.speartech.com. It very quality harness, pluged right in no problems there. I used a 2500 HD (with a 6.0 and a 4L80-E) tune and added my magnacharger Radix tune to that so I can get it on the road and too the dyno for some further tuning. I hope to have this wrapped up by Friday dyno and all.

Archived