It is official The Chevelle 454 SS IS BACK!

SSMANIAC

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks kinda like a bad ass cavalier to me. i expect to see one of these built around the year 200never.

Supposivly its been confirmed and there taking orders on it already.

600hp cavalier is fine with me. :D

They look ok, I myself feel that there is no substitute for the original......but GM is doing well with the retro thing, I wish they would re-introduce the camaro in the 68-69 body styling like ford did with the mustang, that would be a hit in my opinion.

They need to make it look mean, the GTO doesnt look mean but is still cool.  The Chevelle is one of Chevy's pride they should go all out on this vehicle, but i'm liking the 454 with 600 hp  :chevy:  Have you guys heard the new GTO's exhaust, you can on their website, but i wanted to know if you could put it on the SS

The best Chevelle is a 1972 with a 454 and the cowl hood. I like when the back is raised up taller than stock with some wide tires stuck under there. I like the 70 front ends too, so it's probably a toss up.

If they made a new chevelle that resembled a 70 or 72, that would rock

Ahhh... here's one

557795_7_full.jpg

found it on cardomain if you want more pictures

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/557795

:withstupid::thumbs: looks damn good, love those cars

Personally I don't like the Holden...that's what it is. It's been out for a while in Australia so it's not even new technology. I really think GM missed the mark on this one. Didn't give us a ALL NEW GTO, just rebadged a car from a different market. :wtf:

looks kinda like a bad ass cavalier to me. i expect to see one of these built around the year 200never.

zippy check out the aloha cars website mentioned above

i checked it out. they said they plan to produce them although i'm not sure how they plan to sell them. they're going to have to buy gto's and re-sheetmetal them (this obviously isn't a gm project) along with perform other conversion stuff on it. i see the first one possibly being built, but i doubt there will be nearly enough demand for such a car. the 454 version i didn't see the specs on although it will likely be a bored and stroked c5r assembly which along with the price of the car should put it well over 100k just to buy one. the berger camaro's with the 427 and no sheetmetal conversion were over 90k for most of them. it's going to be damn tough to sell that car at over 100k (the bad ass version). they did a nice job photoshopping the version for hot rod, but i don't expect there to be any true production type version. it looks to me more like one of them great idea's someone came up with until they actually try it.

Zippy you were right. I emailed the people that are producing these chevelle's and they said that the base model is $80,000 :eek::eek::eek: It gets worse. The 454 version is set at $120,000 :eek::eek::eek:

I guess I can cross the new chevelle off my next car list. :crazy:

Archived