It is official The Chevelle 454 SS IS BACK!

SSMANIAC

Here's what they sent me about it.

"The HRSS454 will debut this year as a feature car on the Hot Rod Power tour starting June 5th.  The base model is the standard LS1 powertrain and the 454 is an all aluminum engine based on a Schwartz C5R racing block expected to produce in excess of 600 HP.  Although we are still putting the marketing package together, the base price on the HRSS will start around $80,000 and the HRSS 454 will be in excess of $120,000.

The base car is a 2004 Pontiac GTO.  The HRSS will maintain all the standard equipment such as air bags, traction control, etc, and it will have all carbon fiber body panels with the exception of the roof and doors.  The first car is nearing completion and we are able to take orders for subsequent models.  We can hold your place in line and assign your car a number with a 25% deposit.  Completion and delivery on your car can be before year end."

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
guys, please do not tell me that they are building this chevelle on that terrible GTO chassis. for that kind of money it should be made out of aluminum and carbonfiber.

Yeah, that's pretty bad huh. It should be more of an eye catcher for that kind of money too.

Oh please, guys. This is a custom re-skined car. Very expensive when your not selling 40k units a year to eat up enginnering costs. These cars are marketed for enthusist that want something differnet, not the standard Joe.

They will sell, I'm sure. But you can't even put these in the same class as a GTO, vette, CTS, etc. :rolleyes:

unfortunatly, they are based on the gto so you have to put them in that class. they are based on a body already a few years in production and the base model although reskinned etc, is 80k plus and far from a performer. this wasn't like buying the overpriced shelby series one that was limited production etc, this car is based on a re-skinned version of what you can buy for 30k. if they sell 5 i'll be more than impressed. remember, orders taken aren't items sold as many companies have found.

Archived