Painting The Grille

bubba3689

just posting some pic of painting the stock grille black so it wont stand out behind the billet. I made the girlfriend tape it up because im not good at thing like that and shes got the patience for it. i will post finished pic later

S7300765.jpg

S7300769.jpg

S7300831.jpg

S7300835.jpg

i painted the bowtie black as well. i forgot is to paint it with the krylon fusion for plastic. i hope the regular krylon holds up. i scuffed it and primed it so i think it should be fine. i also wanted to paint the brake duct grilles but i could figure out how to take them off.

if you paint ducts make sure you prep them right and use the right paint because when I bought my truck the prev owner did the same and after a few washes it starred to peel bad!... needless to say mine are stock silver again, lol

i painted the bowtie black as well. i forgot is to paint it with the krylon fusion for plastic. i hope the regular krylon holds up. i scuffed it and primed it so i think it should be fine. i also wanted to paint the brake duct grilles but i could figure out how to take them off.

The brake ducts are attached to the bumper cover with 3 screws that once removed allows the brake duct vents to be removed as a unit. The brake duct grilles are attached to the ducts by 4 small rivets. I used small wire cutters to remove the rivets and when I put my grilles back in the ducts I used a push-in fastener similar, but smaller, to the fasteners that hold the bumper grille in.