Central Mid-west Iowa Meet Feeler

Local Muffler shop here in Des moines is offering the shop for GTG.. hes willing to put a SS up on the rack to tack in several mufflers so we can hear all the differences, magnaflow, flowmaster, etc. most of us already have our exhaust changed, but have been thinking about changing to something else, or want to hear the diff. he's offering the use of the shop and lifts. get some BBQ grilles and just hang.. he will be giving good pricing for the club.. he has done this in the past for the local Mustang club.. we can do a cruise later that night to the local cruise nights and then either hit the bowling alley, maybe the Lumber yard later on. Friday night we could have an early GTG at the dragstrip at the Iowa Speedway.. sunday could be breakfast group pic and depature.. this is in the prelim. stages and sending the feeler and idea think tank out.. Chris (fast4popper) and I (rich) have been wanting to put on another GTG here in the Central Midwest Iowa area..wanting to have sum fun, and do some cruising, simple mods might be able to be worked in (HIDS,Intakes,etc)nothing major, in the past we have always had an arms length of to-dos and we never get to go have some real fun with the trucks and ladies. so we are looking for the guys to bring the ladies along.. Chris has limited sleeping, I have Couch and Bed, plus we have several motels we can direct you too.. so lets hear it, we want some feedback !! Yea or Nay ??? this is open to anybody that can drive in and hang and have some goodtimes... future thanks to all ...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What date are you thinking?

not sure, throwing it out there to see what the consenses says... i will look at the dragstrip dates and throw some dates out, thinking later summer, where everybody has gotten some much needed vacats done..

Late April is doable by me. May is shot in the ass, the whole month i gone. we are plannin a big meet down in KC the 2nd and the rest of the weekend are shot. so the last weekend if April works for me. or we will have to wait till later in June for me to attend.

:banghead:

:mad: GO FARTHER WEST !

I'll never be able to attend any GTG's apparently, everytime I see "midwest" I get my hopes up. :sigh:

sorry dude, I don't really consider south dakota the "mid-west" that's more like north west...lol just drive on down anyway bro!! :cheers:

June would be good for me. i'm looking to redo my exhaust anyway. maybe that would be a good time to do it!! keep us posted

Edited by BlkSilveradoSS03 (see edit history)

you could do it the weekend of teh Indycar race **wink wink** i'll be there for sure for that, but two trips to Iowa doesn't bother me either, i like iowa from what i've seen. how much would this guy charge to do an exhaust, install headers, delete the cats, fab pipes back to tips, etc.??

The last weekend in april sounds good to me,I always hit the track on that weekend every year! It's like a personal tradition.I should be stroked and blown by then and looking for some new numbers.And as you might know I am really unhapy with my current exhaust setup and might be willin to pay for a new one if he wants to do some testing while it's being done.

well i dont know any of you guys but i have been wanting to meet other people in person and check out there trucks, everytime i see another SSS its always goin the other direction and i dont have a chance to meet anyone. Im all in i just need a date and I am totally willing to make the drive from chicago to iowa. plus im not happy with my exhaust so this would be perfect i dont wanna waste my money again and find out my truck sounds like a damn spaztic colon again.

Were you at Brent's GTG, I recall someone mentioning something about a muffler shop. I've been thinking lately that I would like to have a custom x pipe'd exhaust made for my truck

yes we was there. Rich was the guy taking the pics (ssposse) i was the guy working out in the cold cause you took up the garage :)

I will get with Pete and see if the weekend of the april 25th will work ?????? .. i will also see what he wants to tackle at the shop that day, how many ? possible group pricing ? if we keep him busy with work, iam thinking that we can all chip in for the grub ? hes super cool, so iam sure he will willing to do some wrenching and if the need is there maybe bring his guys in, should be talking to him late next week.. i will see what he wants to get into.. not sure on like a header install, but taking a person's current exhaust and make sound purdy iam sure he's down with that.. so i will try to get some guestimate pricing for those that are interested in changing mufflers, side exhaust, duals, etc.... stay tooned.. thanks every body for the input and lets get a group going here..